Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - March 29th, 2024

Man of Honour
@steve5424 I assume you meant “patches”… took a snap :)

CN7Q48d.jpeg

Soldato
@steve5424 I assume you meant “patches”… took a snap :)

CN7Q48d.jpeg
Fat fingers hit space instead of c lol.

Yes our patch is by the white line on the top part. It's next to the one with the British flag. Traffic cone on its head with orange and grey no ghost sign around mooglie. Ghostbusters of Glasgow. I think our other team Ghostbusters of Scotland is up there somewhere too.

Caporegime
The sparking cyclotron in a haslab pack doesn't make a lot of sense unless they redesigned the lid of the cyclotron and the panel with the CRT emitters are no longer between it and the spinning disc, even then if it is it's a bit odd how its not lit up red.

Soldato
They used a number of Haslab packs on set. Many were heavily customised and were really haslab packs by that point. The top shell is clearly a single molded piece and the motherboard is also custom as all electronics were mounted on it. Its not lit up red as the cyclotron cover is missing. The sparking is also an indication that the pack is almost about to die. Phoebe had been tinkering and that's why the pack and wand are sparking.

Man of Honour
OP
Other half is with her Mum for a few days, so I've got the place to myself. Just watched Ghostbusters, will do Ghostbusters II later on. Afterlife tomorrow and then...

Local cinema, 5pm Friday. :D Could have gone to a 3:15 screening, but it's in their smaller screen, this one is in the largest.

Caporegime
Blimey this thread has got a bit Star Trek :D

You should see the forums where they discuss the inner workings of these proton pascks and go about making their own which are usually better than what you see in the movie :o

Its not lit up red as the cyclotron cover is missing. The sparking is also an indication that the pack is almost about to die. Phoebe had been tinkering and that's why the pack and wand are sparking.

The cyclotron cover is missing but there's no real reason why it wouldn't still illuminate red, ok the packs supposed to be breaking down as well but still, it seems like they almost forgot about it lighting up, if its still firing then surely it's working to some extent? That's one area where people making these 3d printed and other ways took it a step further than the props on the movie and made the cyclotron disc illuminate inside the pack, though I've yet to see one have a rotating cyclotron disc....I suspect that's in the works.

wzXuedW.png

When they made afterlife they made the prop pack that phoebe repairs, that was the first time seeing inside and seeing the cyclotron. They added a part to the cover of the cyclotron with CRT emitters that totally blank off line of sight to the cyclotron disc. This was obviously made as a part for her to repair. But in the scene the next day we see the pack being powered on and you can see the spinning cyclotron as if that panel behind the cover doesn't even exist. Its quite obvious that panel doesn't rotate so its not the CRT emitters doing the rotating illumination effect.

That's why I wonder if the internals have changed for FE to address an obvious oversight from the previous movie. :o :o

Soldato
Yeah the crt emitters did put a bit of a fail on how the cyclotron works, but it cooked cool so that's probably why they went with it. Perhaps the film might explain why it's not glowing red. It may have something to do with the tinkering Phoebe has done to the pack. Possibly why it seems like its on its last legs. May also explain the new packs and the yellow safety bumper.

Couple of guys I know built their packs from scratch and they do look awesome, but man are they super heavy.

Caporegime

Ooof

Don't get your hopes up.

Ign also gave it a bad review, the same ign who gave the marvels 8/10. :cry:

Soldato
Some reviews - Not looking great for "the average person" but fans might like it for the longer cameos.

The Guardian - 2/5 - "There are one or two laughs here and an attempt at a queer romance, but no real signs of life."

Empire - 2/5 - "Frozen Empire throws everything against the wall to see if any of the slime sticks. Bits of it do; much of it just gloops off."

The Telegraph - 1/5 - "Yes, the Ghostbusters are back – and they’re going to have their work cut out for them, considering how many cinema-goers are about to die of boredom during screenings"

The Independent - 3/5 - "be assured, Frozen Empire is a notable improvement on Afterlife – funny, silly, and a little scary,"

Screen Rant - 2.5/5 - "Unfortunately, the overall execution falls flat due to a slow-moving plot and character threads that end up going nowhere. Though the franchise's usual humor is still firmly intact, it feels like some of the magic is gone."

Jeremy Jahns - "Some interesting concepts that in execution just turn out to be half-baked ideas"

There was a longer set of reviews but due to the "stupid" forum software redacting the last four letters of raCOON as a slur (rather than being last name of an actress) a bunch of the links were broken, FML.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom