Godzilla Minus One

Permabanned
Godzilla Minus One (Gojira Mainasu Wan) is an upcoming Japanese kaiju film directed and written by Takashi Yamazaki. Co-produced by Toho Studios and Robot Communications; it is the 37th film in the Godzilla franchise, the 33rd Godzilla film produced by Toho, and the fifth film in the franchise's Reiwa era. The film is scheduled to be released theatrically in Japan on November 3, 2023, in celebration of the franchise's 70th anniversary in 2024

Premise:

After Japan's surrender in World War II, the country is driven to a zero state -- however, the appearance of a giant monster during postwar Japan drops the country to a negative (minus) state.

Last edited:
Associate
Not a close follower of the Godzilla franchise by any means, though I typically catch the western releases when they're released (blasphemous!).

Have they purposefully designed it to be closer to the Western version? Last I remember with Shin Godzilla, it was a bit of a weird veiny red design. That latest trailer looked pretty damn good though.

Caporegime
Man i absolutely hate most of the godzilla movies of the past 20? years and have been forced to watch them 1 way or another, they are all awful.

but this...

I actually want to see this :p

Caporegime
Usually don't enjoy subs films. But I'll try and battle through this one.
Hopefully isn't too much dialogue

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom