Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
As I was returning home from a bike ride on Saturday, my Pixel 6 went into a boot loop. After about 9 or 10 loops it booted into recovery saying I probably have corrupted data and would need to factory reset, so I did. It's quite impressive these days how well it just restores everything back to how it was. I've not found anything yet that is 'lost' and I've just had to log back into a few things.

Associate
As I was returning home from a bike ride on Saturday, my Pixel 6 went into a boot loop. After about 9 or 10 loops it booted into recovery saying I probably have corrupted data and would need to factory reset, so I did. It's quite impressive these days how well it just restores everything back to how it was. I've not found anything yet that is 'lost' and I've just had to log back into a few things.
When I upgraded from my Pixel 2XL to the pixel 6 everything came across. Just had to login to everything but that was fine. Like you say it's very impressive.

Soldato
Went to do a phonecall today (I know, wtf) and the "Hold For Me" and "Direct My Call" settings are now live on my phone under Assistive beside the Call Screening.

Seems Google has rolled this out in UK now

Screenshot-20230915-171208.png

Screenshot-20230915-171241.png

Screenshot-20230915-171248.png

Anyone else see them?

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, had Call Screening for a few months I think? Hold for me maybe just this last week. I've not dared use that yet. I think it's one thing if someone wants to speak to me and I make them explain to Google who they are etc. But if I'm wanting to speak to them and I use Hold For Me, I'm not sure how it will be received :cry:

Soldato
Yes, had Call Screening for a few months I think? Hold for me maybe just this last week. I've not dared use that yet. I think it's one thing if someone wants to speak to me and I make them explain to Google who they are etc. But if I'm wanting to speak to them and I use Hold For Me, I'm not sure how it will be received :cry:

Call Screen has been available almost since P6 launch so nearly 2 years... The other two havent been.

Soldato
call screen is the best ever function.

dont know the number ? use that fucntion...most callers will disconnect in a heart beat hahhaha

had only few explaining and then answering and talking to them

Associate
Since the last update I have noticed that my battery is at 20% each night by 11:45pm. Before the update I would have 60% - 70% plus left.
I have looked at the battery stats and the numbers don't add up in there. Also I have not installed anything new or used my phone any differently than what I consider normal.
Has anyone else noticed anything like this ?
Maybe Google has done something to make people think they need to upgrade to the Pixel 8 :confused:
Normal 6, non pro.

Associate
Since the last update I have noticed that my battery is at 20% each night by 11:45pm. Before the update I would have 60% - 70% plus left.
I have looked at the battery stats and the numbers don't add up in there. Also I have not installed anything new or used my phone any differently than what I consider normal.
Has anyone else noticed anything like this ?
Maybe Google has done something to make people think they need to upgrade to the Pixel 8 :confused:
Normal 6, non pro.
Check that the battery's not starting to swell. My wife's pixel 5 battery capacity dropped dramatically, I installed AccuBattery to try to get an idea of what was happening, and it told me the battery capacity was down to 1100mAh. One quick replacement later, back to normal service, 4000mAh.

Back
Top Bottom