Halo (TV Series)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Really enjoying it, it's really good and they hard are holding off the dumb actions sequences as well.

A solid 8/10 currently.

Associate
Just watched the first two episodes of season 2 and I don’t know if I’ve softened on the show but I’m finding season 2 far better than 1. My only gripe is what they’ve done to Cortana.

Associate
I think I'm right but the prayer in the static is the first time the Halo/Ring has been mentioned I think?
Masterchief and the girl "visited" it a couple of times when they touched the artefact towards the end of season 1, they even done a full up and over camera pan

Caporegime
Feels like they're gonna rush through the fall of reach which I suppose makes some sense considering it's not the game (not that it was particularly long either) so they can get the cliffhanger people are waiting for, but I sincerely hope they at least show off the albeit maligned conflict in orbit before the planet's glassed... god damnit I wanna see the MAC's firing!

Last edited:
Soldato
Thankfully better writing as they nicly built up the dread of what is coming. Other thing is they REALLY dont know Master CHeif....no one in his squad would ever doubt him, and the idea their soem kind of rivalry in the Sprtan 2's is stupid, they are basically all family by that point.

Caporegime
Thankfully better writing as they nicly built up the dread of what is coming. Other thing is they REALLY dont know Master CHeif....no one in his squad would ever doubt him, and the idea their soem kind of rivalry in the Sprtan 2's is stupid, they are basically all family by that point.
They have feelings now which included doubt and mistrust, especially after his shenanigans in this episode.

Caporegime
How many times does it have to be explained to you that this isn't linked to the game/book canon?

Man of Honour
There's even youtubers putting his helmet back on 0_o.

Doesn't actually bother me whether his helmet is on or off, as long as they writing is interesting enough, but definitely needs a bit more of a reminder of who he is at times as in the helmet on action. And definitely would do better with more Halo CE and 3 music.

Soldato
How many times does it have to be explained to you that this isn't linked to the game/book canon?
How does that make any sense even within the context of this made up show then?...They all talk holier than though about Chief but when he says he's seen something etc they all go to the full on thought of " Ohh well hes crazy then". Ya cant use " hey we didn't play the games or read any of the story" to be an excuse for bad character and writing. I mean, a Spartan taking the word from a higher up from ONI is too stupid to the lore.

Caporegime
How does that make any sense even within the context of this made up show then?...They all talk holier than though about Chief but when he says he's seen something etc they all go to the full on thought of " Ohh well hes crazy then". Ya cant use " hey we didn't play the games or read any of the story" to be an excuse for bad character and writing. I mean, a Spartan taking the word from a higher up from ONI is too stupid to the lore.
It makes sense because they've removed their pellets and no longer have their emotions regulated by them. They're practically teens emotionally. It makes sense if you actually watch the show rather than just look to be angered by it. There is a direct contrast between how they followed Chief without question in series 1 when they were practically walking robots and how now they're constantly questioning him when they're removed.

Soldato
It makes sense because they've removed their pellets and no longer have their emotions regulated by them. They're practically teens emotionally. It makes sense if you actually watch the show rather than just look to be angered by it. There is a direct contrast between how they followed Chief without question in series 1 when they were practically walking robots and how now they're constantly questioning him when they're removed.
So because I say its bad writing its has to be because I'm angered by it? That's as bad a plot writing as using the pellet removal as an excuse, which in this second season, which is a reboot already, was only mentioned once in the open scene of the first episode, we have been shown no such behaviour by them as a direct result of removing it that would bring that into any kind of context making ANY influence how they would feel towards Chief. They talk a little on the cliff top between two others about any habits etc, that's been it, zero ziltch nothing etc. Maybe a small referral between the weird banter between the other Spartans in the locker room. Where they don't even seem to heed Chefs warnings about what they are heading into. Not showing at all of any other consequence from removing it.
The show runners need to make a choice, either Chief is just another Spartans Group leader like the rest, or he is THE Chief, that all the other Spartans look up to and respect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom