• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Has RTX Changed The Way We Game?

Soldato
I like RT to be honest and plan to leave it on as long as it doesn’t tank my fps to an unacceptable level.

Saying that, so many games still look amazing without it and it’s probably unnecessary fluff unless you’re in a game where you get the time to obsess over every tiny detail. :)

Wouldn’t miss it if it stopped working one day.

As for water not reflecting like a mirror, people clearly haven’t sat by a dead calm lake in summer then. ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
As for water not reflecting like a mirror, people clearly haven’t sat by a dead calm lake in summer then. ;)
RTX: ON

A26A1866_stitch_Edit_Edit.jpg

Caporegime
Yup in addition to people not understanding what RTX actually is as evidenced throughout this thread :o People also don't seem to get out enough :p :cry:

rTxOn!!!!!!!

J6Y1Yqe.jpg

lXX6C6N.jpg

Just go and look at times square, toyko, hong kong with puddles.... Heck I took a walk earlier and even a muddy puddle had basically mirror reflections, should have taken a photo and asked if Jenson is in fact god, he has designed the world with mirror reflections :cry:

Soldato
i suggest those drooling over RTX are in fact the ones not getting out enough if they excited over visuals/lighting :p;). more to a game than pretty window dressing and slashed fps:D

200w-1.gif

:D :D

Last edited:
Soldato
and pay for the privileges you mean. i can do/done many things with near 2k, pretty visuals n lighting wayyyy down the list,:p

That's cool. You seem to forget that for some people it's not one or the other. You've had the same rhetoric since the 4090 came out. I think you should be in the acceptance stage by now.

Last edited:
Soldato
me acceptance? nah thats changing my view, after 40ys gaming near enough i maintain my same line, called old folk stubbornness :D its all about gameplay, from bbc micro donkey kong upto todays games. its like buying a car,both give you the same sense of enjoyment and get you to where your going, just because yors has fluffy dice, that doesnt make it better, just different personal experience;)

Associate
and pay for the privileges you mean. i can do/done many things with near 2k, pretty visuals n lighting wayyyy down the list,:p
Up until a week ago I would have agreed with that. Since then, I've been pretty humbled at what a 4070 Super can do. I play at 1440p, and the card is already overkill for that, so I've been knocking on the ray tracing - with DLSS Quality upscaling - and getting terrific fps results. Spiderman: Miles Morales is like a completely different game, for example, such that I've been walking around the streets like a loon gob-smacked by how much more real it feels. No going back for me, now, and I was pretty sceptical beforehand:

f60c628c-80a4-4cb0-9688-b0a73c135c84.jpg

Soldato
Up until a week ago I would have agreed with that. Since then, I've been pretty humbled at what a 4070 Super can do. I play at 1440p, and the card is already overkill for that, so I've been knocking on the ray tracing - with DLSS Quality upscaling - and getting terrific fps results. Spiderman: Miles Morales is like a completely different game, for example, such that I've been walking around the streets like a loon gob-smacked by how much more real it feels. No going back for me, now, and I was pretty sceptical beforehand:
nothing wrong with what your saying, im not really impressed by visuals/lighthing, just gameplay. im not one for standing around in a game admiring details, does nothing for me im afraid. the world be a boring place if we all liked the same:)

Caporegime
In terms of ray tracing, not rtx..... it really doesn't matter, we're only going to see more and more games provide only RT with no option to turn it off as time goes on (spiderman 2 and avatar and metro ee style) so what people think and want means nothing and will have no impact on the natural evolution.

Back
Top Bottom