Helldivers 2

Man of Honour
Hi noob question I'm sure, but sometimes it won't let me equip my booster, only strategems, what's the reason?

There are restrictions based on what boosters other players have equipped and sometimes the game bugs out and won't let you select one. I'm not sure if there are any planet specific booster restrictions.

Associate
4 hours in and I gotta be honest I have no idea what I'm doing. I don't understand the objectives and have no idea where they are on the map so i just follow others. I also find the UI very confusing.

Other than that shooting bugs is very fun :D

You'll get it. I was exactly the same at first, I'd join my friends and just follow them around but you'll learn what to look for.

The main objectives are clearly marked, but you'll see some points of interest marked with a vertical golden beam on screen (these are things like super credits, medals, samples or weapons) and optional objectives that'll show up with light blue icons on the map.

Other points of interest include blast doors that require two players to open and doors you can grenade to reveal goodies, though these you'll only find by stumbling upon them.

Bug nests/bot spawning factories are shown as patches of red, and you'll earn rewards for destroying these.

Man of Honour
Wish they'd do some work on the map though, hybrid mode is much more useful for quickly toggling to check stuff on the fly but at least on my setup can only move around it with additional keybinds and tagging anything is clunky, while separate mode is better for tagging stuff, etc. but not very useful on the fly. Be nice if they had separate binds for map and quick map or something like that maybe.

Soldato
4 hours in and I gotta be honest I have no idea what I'm doing. I don't understand the objectives and have no idea where they are on the map so i just follow others. I also find the UI very confusing.

Other than that shooting bugs is very fun :D
Main objectives are marked in orange, these need completing before you can extract.

secondary objectives are marked in blue.

On the map you get areas that are in red which are additional things to do.

When you are at an main objective it should say what needs doing in the top right.

Soldato
The normal air strike and cluster are my go to. The cluster gets 4 chargers and is great for those little patrols before they call in a bug breach and general crowd control when things start getting hairy. Pretty naff against anything armoured tho.

Soldato
Noob questions inbound. So I've seen a bit of gameplay and the fact the game seems to be blowing up but I'm not sure what point of the game is if I'm honest. Like you seem to do missions but for what point, what's the end goal? Do I have to play with friends to get the most out of the game or can I have as much fun playing alone?

Man of Honour
Anyone else use napalm strike? Looks good but only two uses before rearming

Orbital laser and either 500Kg or precision strike are my go to, IMO the ones which only kill smaller stuff are a bit of a waste of a slot and many of the others have a much higher chance of team kills.

Man of Honour
lots of talk of crashes etc... Weirdly I dont think ive had a single crash or disconnect in some 20 hours on this. Must be lucky!

Man of Honour
Small update released supposedly fixes the crashes with Arc weapons - but from what I've experienced they don't seem to be the only cause of the crashes since last patch.

lots of talk of crashes etc... Weirdly I dont think ive had a single crash or disconnect in some 20 hours on this. Must be lucky!

Last patch just under a week ago introduced a lot of crashes, personally didn't have many before that aside from finding the game unstable at high frame rates on some of my systems (not an issue with those systems).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Small update released supposedly fixes the crashes with Arc weapons - but from what I've experienced they don't seem to be the only cause of the crashes since last patch.

Last patch just under a week ago introduced a lot of crashes, personally didn't have many before that aside from finding the game unstable at high frame rates on some of my systems (not an issue with those systems).

I cant recall a single crash during game - weirdly mine seems to crash when closing the game sometimes but during its basically flawless.

Back
Top Bottom