Helldivers 2

Man of Honour
I'm thinking of getting this but I heard matchmaking is bad or just doesn't work - is this still the case? I play solo with randoms mostly.

Been hit and miss for me - though I mostly play during the night. Sometimes it instantly puts me in a game, other times it can take several minutes or even just stop working entirely for an hour.

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting this but I heard matchmaking is bad or just doesn't work - is this still the case? I play solo with randoms mostly.
I've not had any issues finding groups on matchmaking and I've played nearly 68 hours.

I have " lost connection" a few times but that's about it.

Man of Honour
I've not had any issues finding groups on matchmaking and I've played nearly 68 hours.

I have " lost connection" a few times but that's about it.

There are so many variables with an approach like this to host quality/connectivity. I don't know how many other people would but I'd happily pay extra for "premium" high quality dedicated host instances. The game doesn't seem to handle host transitions at all well either. Though to be fair the overall "netcode" seems good up to the point it isn't really possible to compensate for host quality issues.

Soldato
Really need to get involved with this, I find myself watching plenty of fun gameplay videos currently.

"Helldivers 1 General for 8yrs" ;)

Man of Honour
Since today's patch I've had several instances of the game just closing, no error, etc. just exits right out as if I hit alt+F4 :(

Gut instinct is it may be an issue with the anti-cheat because it doesn't seem to follow any pattern with respect to what is going on in the game itself.

EDIT: Game is unplayable for me just constantly either appearing back at ship with no error or message like kicked, etc. or game just exiting with no error.

EDIT2: Just did a file validation and one of the Game Guard files failed validation, see if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
Soldato
Enjoying this game now that the majority of bugs have been ironed out.

I still have hangs at the end of a mission and have lost all XP at some stages, reinforcements being bugged sometimes. But overall it's perfect drop in and drop out game that I need right now.

Man of Honour
So far don't seem to be getting the exit to desktop or frequent just appearing back at ship since doing the file validation...

But after a successful mission, the next one just getting loads of what I can only call "death locks" where you get killed by bile spewers, etc. whatever you do like the game has already decided you are dead.

EDIT: Played a few more missions, so far no problems issues with exiting game, looks like the Game Guard file was to blame... still getting some issues with weapon reloads, etc. though :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Can someone explain how you find a mission on a planet with no people doing it? Virtually every mission has 1-3 people already doing it and you have to JOIN it. How do you simply play the mission without joining those people, so it's only you and your friends?

This seems serious if there's four of you playing togethor, as all four of you seemingly can't play a mission togethor?

Man of Honour
Can someone explain how you find a mission on a planet with no people doing it? Virtually every mission has 1-3 people already doing it and you have to JOIN it. How do you simply play the mission without joining those people, so it's only you and your friends?

This seems serious if there's four of you playing togethor, as all four of you seemingly can't play a mission togethor?

Should see some bigger brownish coloured regions which if you click on have like 3 missions to choose from.

Soldato
Should see some bigger brownish coloured regions which if you click on have like 3 missions to choose from.
Ah yes. There's a few of those, and each has a number of different missions.

Why not just join them all up, so all the different missions types are easily seen all at once, rather than have to hunt around/click 3 or so "PEACEKEEPING OPERATIONS" to find a mission your interested in? Odd...

Ta!

Soldato
Ah yes. There's a few of those, and each has a number of different missions.

Why not just join them all up, so all the different missions types are easily seen all at once, rather than have to hunt around/click 3 or so "PEACEKEEPING OPERATIONS" to find a mission your interested in? Odd...

I think it's because you get bonus medals for completing a group of linked / clustered missions. On Medium (3), there's two missions that are linked together. You'll see medal rewards listed as 1st and 2nd (which you get for completing both). On Challenging (4) you'll see three missions linked in this way and so on.

Of course, often a cluster of missions may not be to taste. If you cherry pick mission types you like, all you miss out on are the bonus medals.

Soldato
Tried a game on impossible, just with one other guy.

We died, had like 2 bile titans chasing us, and a load of those big ones that shoot acid at you

Saying that we did both survive quite a long time.

Man of Honour

We died, had like 2 bile titans chasing us, and a load of those big ones that shoot acid at you

Impossible or above you have to get pretty handy taking out the bigger stuff with a well placed hellpod when you reinforce, dropping deployment stratagems on them, etc.

Soldato

Started running Impossible difficulty myself.

I basically use the autocannon for everything, great against spewers and chargers.
Depending on the group setup, I sometimes also take along EAT-17's as a strategem for taking on titans.
Also handy to take along Oribital Laser or Oribital Railcannon for titan killing.

Soldato
We're doing Suicide mode mostly at the moment. Key is to be stealthy as possible, avoid patrols, get rid of enemies signalling for reinforcements immediately and generally plan out your strategems and strategies well.
Haven't done impossible yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom