Man of Honour
Only 4 since 2002:

736msnsm.jpg

1fCd1iqm.jpeg

5sAK6jDm.jpeg

LHe1quZm.jpeg

Last edited:
Associate
At least 20+. Mainly Lian Li, Silverstone and Antec (including a Skeleton).

We are currently running 4 PC's in the house, two O11d's, an SG05 and an NR200, and as has already been mentioned, we have several in the loft, including a Lian Li Snail case which is simply massive.

I seem to enjoy changing cases!

Last edited:
Associate
Not that many myself!

I started off with a pre-built in a generic black mid-tower case about 15 years ago now

Then I build my own pc a while later in the NZXT Phantom - as case I really enjoyed the look off, ended up water cooling in it, which involved abit of dremeling with the help of a friends dremel

And eventually upgraded to my current case, which I've had for a few years now - the NZXT Phantom 820 - just really like the aesthetic of the Phantom cases

Soldato
I've had dozens over the decades, but I tend to run multiple PCs. I have 9 cases in the immediate vicinity: Torrent, Citadel Mesh, Silverstone FT05, NAS, Microserver, NUC, pizza box, Shuttle, Silverstone FT02.

Associate
Alienware R11
Thermal take Core P3 TG
NR200 black
NR200P white
DeepCool CL500
RevocCases Mit1XXL
RevocCases DTC1
SkyReach 4 Tiny
SkyReach 4 Mini Silver
SkyReach 4 Mini Black
Custom SkyReach 4 Tiny (white)
FormD T1 v1.1 white and silver combo
SkyReach 4 Tiny - L Transform (double case) with custom front panel and Cerakote panels
Sliver Cerberus X (black)
FormD T1 v2.0 black (then polished silver)
SkyReach 4 Mini Classic

So that is 16 cases in the past 5 years. I still have about half of them.

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Generic Beige Box Desktop
Generic Beige Box Tower
Some cheap blue frosted coloured iMac style tower

Coolermaster ATC-201 (absolutely amazing quality case, pure craftsmanship!)
ATC201.jpg

Chieftech Dragon Silver (weighed an absolute ton!)
chieftec-silver-fulltower.jpg

Akasa Eclipse 62
Akasa-Eclipse62.webp

Antec P180 Mini
Antec-P180-Mini.jpg

Phantek P400A
P400A.png

Probably some others in between that I've forgotten... but those are the main ones that I've used for long periods of time.

Associate
Another one to my list: got from eBay a Cooler Master Cosmos S, even the dust on the original fans must be from 2008. After few hours of TLC, looking good. As expected, few light scratches but nothing major. Debating on what to do now. That was a bargain at £3.20.
Also, couldn’t remember one case that I’ve owned for a short while.
I think it was from Thermaltake, it had a removable black PSU shroud, that would cover from the end of the PSU, halfway to the HDD cage. More like a hideout for the mustard/ketchup cables from the PSU, as I believe there wasn’t many, if any, modular PSUs back then.

Last edited:
Associate
Gosh... After some gmail digging here is my list which whilst it is not that large does point to my favouring cases which are not too big!:

Soltek QBIC SFF (2000s) - Loved this case
Lian Li PC-A05N Mini Tower (early 2010s) - This was an inverted design
NZXT H510 (2020)
Fractal North (2023)

Soldato
I've had the same PC since I first got one back in 1995. It's all down to maintenance. This old PC has had 5 new cases, 12 new motherboards, 10 new cpus, 15 new disks, 24 new memory sticks and 9 new monitors in it's time.

My name is Trigger, thank you and goodnight.

Case1: 1995 Dell beige desktop steel job. Could easily stand on it.
Case2: A beige midi which I modded a side window into + and an OG DIY fan bus. Still have it with a retro build in it.
Case3a: Cheiftec Dragon full tower. Heavily modded for water cooling + side window. Still in the garage and about to be brought back into service to house a dedicated backing up PC. Will give it a coat of paint.
Case3b: The cheapest case I could find to temporarily house my mobo whilst I modded the above Cheiftec for water cooling.
Case4: Corsair 700D, again heavily modded for water cooling. Still in use. Probably will be my last case.

Soldato
I couldn't even begin to count, nowadays i don't even use a case just have my motherboard on some of those standoff feet under my tv, no more spending tons on watercooling infact i probably wont do it again.

Associate
I currently own 11 after getting rid of 2 over Christmas. I typically buy 2-3 a year and have almost certainly had over 40 over the last 15 years of which only 3 have been ATX and the majority are mITX.

Soldato
Had probably 50+ cases but the two that remain are both CoolerMaster 201's. One in silver and one in black.

Legend. Best cases ever made, I’ve got a pair of windowed 201’s as well!

Associate
Legend. Best cases ever made, I’ve got a pair of windowed 201’s as well!

I'm very tempted to do a retro style build in one of them soon.

I had so many rare cases in the day, I'd imagine they're like rocking horse poop now - wish I had kept some of them.

Back
Top Bottom