How to getthe best out of Octopus Flux

Associate
Most days when I plug my car in I get a charge slot straight away. Its really useful for low solar production as it means I can top up my home battery and get us through the evening without needing peak rate.

Associate
I've just received the email with the new prices on Flux from 1st January and it appears the day export rate is higher than the 0200-0500 import rate once again so charging is a no-brainer.

The export rates seem to have increased a bit more than the import percentage-wise. Are others seeing the same?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just received the email with the new prices on Flux from 1st January and it appears the day export rate is higher than the 0200-0500 import rate once again so charging is a no-brainer.

The export rates seem to have increased a bit more than the import percentage-wise. Are others seeing the same?
i switched away from flux to tracker and fixed export. There have been some days where its been close 1:1 import v export...... i dont think as of right now that i will go back to flux.

Today import is 18.5p against an export of 15p...if on flux i would be paying 27 and getting 16 back and with the current low levels of solar being produced due to weather and short days. For me switching was a no brainer

Associate
i switched away from flux to tracker and fixed export. There have been some days where its been close 1:1 import v export...... i dont think as of right now that i will go back to flux.

Today import is 18.5p against an export of 15p...if on flux i would be paying 27 and getting 16 back and with the current low levels of solar being produced due to weather and short days. For me switching was a no brainer

That is the same conclusion I came to.

Associate
Of the many energy threads....this is probably the best one to ask a silly question :)

I've just got confirmation i'm on Octopus Outgoing. The automated emil this morning said for me to send them a photo of my meter (lol?)

"2. Send us your export meter reading and a photo of the meter: You can send them back to us by replying to this email. We will credit your online account everytime you give us a reading."

Now I'm confident that's wrong as i've a smart meter.

Does the octopus dashboard / account show live export values like it does for consumption?

Thanks

Soldato
Of the many energy threads....this is probably the best one to ask a silly question :)

I've just got confirmation i'm on Octopus Outgoing. The automated emil this morning said for me to send them a photo of my meter (lol?)

"2. Send us your export meter reading and a photo of the meter: You can send them back to us by replying to this email. We will credit your online account everytime you give us a reading."

Does the octopus dashboard / account show live export values like it does for consumption?

Thanks
Is this your first time exporting with octopus?

Associate
Yeah. I've an historical FIT so have given up my export portion of it as exporting via octopus will be more beneficial for me now.

I've been an "incoming" smart octopus customer for years.

Last edited:
Soldato

Thanks
it doesn't show live export data...it only updates the following day

Soldato
Yeah. I've an historical FIT so have given up my export portion of it as exporting via octopus will be more beneficial for me now.

I've been an "incoming" smart octopus customer for years.
I had to send an image of the meter when first setup and an initial reading, after that it's smart. You can see 30 minute export data the next day same as import. (When it's working).

Associate
I had to send an image of the meter when first setup and an initial reading, after that it's smart. You can see 30 minute export data the next day same as import. (When it's working).
Perfect. Thank you. I've just looked up how to view the export value on a smart meter. Accessing the nuclear launch codes or activating turbo mode on the SNES version of street fighter 2 is easier!

Back
Top Bottom