Hyundai W241D-PVA

Soldato
Are you sure the 240D is PVA?

On the Hyundai website there is a 241D-PVA but only a 240D-TN, see:

http://www.hyundaiq.com/Eng/product/GoodsList.asp?BigCode=B101&MiddleCode=M102

As I cant see a 240D-PVA any where, only the 241D-PVA.

I could be wrong, it has happened before.

I have been stung before with a supposed PVA screen not actually being a PVA with my last tft. For the 241D with USB you will get a PVA screen, its labeled PVA all over the box and at the back of the monitor. If the 240D is definitely a PVA the TWO price is amazing!

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OcUK has an exclusive on the PVA panel Hyundai W240D and W241D monitors. They are both 110% PVA panels and yes the one on THIS WEEK ONLY really is a PVA panel!

Associate
OP
Right, I've just splashed out on the 240D-PVA, should be delivered on Friday (just in time for the weekend Crysis session). I'm going to hook it up to my PS3 and will post pictures on Sunday all being well.

All I need to do now is figure out where to put my 'old' Dell 2407.

Associate
It would be nice to see how in dim light that backlight bleed comes and makes its presence known.

Can anyone take some pics of a black screen (dead pixel buddy or similar on black) with the lights off or very dim room please ;)

Associate
Looks like the W241D is the absolute best recommendation, since it's the cheapest none-TN type around, and it's not only PVA, but S-PVA. I was really wondering, how comes, that there is a W240D-PVA in the UK, since that model is not listed on the Hyundai website, and also not available in the German-speaking market. I think this is quite strange, especially because Hyundai didn't do variations on that product name (so no addon-letters to the model-number to specify differences), it's just the W240D and W241D.

Back
Top Bottom