• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Kaapstad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I doubt he be interested. I bought him Stelaris back for his birthday, it's still not showing up on his Steam activity and that was months and months ago. He's absolutely addicted to Orion.
is it the new master of orion he's been playing? remnants of the precursors is like a remaster of the original master of orion with larger and varied maps, new optional races and massive bug and exploits fixed

Soldato
He's all good guys, hooked on Master Of Orion though haha. He lost a lot of interest in PC hardware over the last few years, extortionate pricing, not a lot to get excited about etc but I've seen him and spoke to him recently.

Just wanted to update.
Good to here and i don't blame him. PC gaming is not as exciting as it used to be along with the hardware. Kaap always bought at the high end to extreme's and it shows you how crap hardware jumps are if he can't get excited.

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Good to here and i don't blame him. PC gaming is not as exciting as it used to be along with the hardware. Kaap always bought at the high end to extreme's and it shows you how crap hardware jumps are if he can't get excited.
Weren't the previous gen's Titan cards even more money though than the current 4090? £2.5k or thereabouts? Also didn't he used to go SLI?

Soldato
He's all good guys, hooked on Master Of Orion though haha. He lost a lot of interest in PC hardware over the last few years, extortionate pricing, not a lot to get excited about etc but I've seen him and spoke to him recently.

Just wanted to update.

I was reading this then thought i should tag Tony in this as i know you know him personally lol. Glad he's okay.

Associate
This has been the most interesting thread in this section of the forum for many months. Possibly years lol. It gave us something to worry about.

Associate
I went the same route as he, I have been in hardware/PC hiatus for almost 2 years now, though the reason was that my sister in law has been living with my wife and I untill she could get an apartment, so my gaming/office room was decommissioned and the PC's and all hardware was sent into storage.
Now she finally got an apartment of her own and my gaming/office room is back in business and the PC's have been hooked up again, which is nice. However frankly I do not have the urge any more to tingle with hardware nor have the latest and greatest. The increased living costs just outweigh the importance of new PC stuff, and where the hardware prices just have gone insane since 2018.

So right now I am fine with my 5 year old 2080TI's in SLI and the R 9 3950X.
Another hobby is taking my full attention these days, which is a bit odd since I've been in the pc/hardware loop since early 90ties.
Guess time and people change

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Still no sign of our beloved Kaapstad. Still not logged on since May 2023.

Safe to say he's doing something other than just 'touching grass' because 'the hardware is boring'.

So many benchmark threads / owner threads / etc left to lie fallow.

Perhaps OCUK should assign a willing mod or two to render a similar service to us that Kaapstad did for free. Can't be a terrible burden to the job description (I'm assuming they're paid for their work), and it enhances the forum massively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom