• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Kaapstad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Still no sign of our beloved Kaapstad. Still not logged on since May 2023.

Safe to say he's doing something other than just 'touching grass' because 'the hardware is boring'.

So many benchmark threads / owner threads / etc left to lie fallow.

Perhaps OCUK should assign a willing mod or two to render a similar service to us that Kaapstad did for free. Can't be a terrible burden to the job description (I'm assuming they're paid for their work), and it enhances the forum massively.

I doubt he'll be back as according to someone further up he got bored of the extortionate pricing and I highly doubt a mod would take on the responsibility of updating potentially 2 dozen different threads as mods here largely do not work for OCUK, It's volunteer stuff.

Soldato
I doubt he'll be back as according to someone further up he got bored of the extortionate pricing and I highly doubt a mod would take on the responsibility of updating potentially 2 dozen different threads as mods here largely do not work for OCUK, It's volunteer stuff.

He got mad when Nvidia stopped making Titan cards and when Nvidia shut down SLI and complained about at every chance he got, then he ran away when he realised Titan and SLI wasn't coming back

Last edited:
Underboss
Still no sign of our beloved Kaapstad. Still not logged on since May 2023.

Safe to say he's doing something other than just 'touching grass' because 'the hardware is boring'.

So many benchmark threads / owner threads / etc left to lie fallow.

Perhaps OCUK should assign a willing mod or two to render a similar service to us that Kaapstad did for free. Can't be a terrible burden to the job description (I'm assuming they're paid for their work), and it enhances the forum massively.
Mods work for free on a volunteer basis, feel free to take up the mantle for owners threads etc if you'd like.

Soldato
Are you mad???

According to my team of psychiatrists, The psychiatric hospitals and the maximum security insane asylum located in an undisclosed location in some deep dark woods somewhere that puts a cage around your head so you can't eat peoples face which I escaped from...... I'm totes fine.....

VP3odQR.gif

Caporegime
Are you mad??? The crazy ******* bought TWO Volta Titans!!!!! If anything the dude is partly to blame for the prices we pay now lol, £2.5k each. Guy wasn't sick of pricing that's for sure...

He also had several variations of the 2080ti, it was in the region of 7 grands worth iirc. So doubting pricing had much to do with it as well. Pretty sure he a pair of titan rtx as well.

Soldato
Are you mad??? The crazy ******* bought TWO Volta Titans!!!!! If anything the dude is partly to blame for the prices we pay now lol, £2.5k each. Guy wasn't sick of pricing that's for sure...
There's the difference of paying Titan price for Titan VS paying Titan price for xx90 :p

We have now reach the state of everyone is paying for the "Titan price premium" across the board, as it is not longer the case of only the top card command a price premium, but the pricing of cards below it now are all scaled down from there...

Last edited:
Soldato
Can you go around to him and kick his ass back here :cry: as this GPU forum will be much more boring without his threads

Last edited:
Associate
The state of this forum is pathetic these days just a bunch of bitter aging dudes stuck in a perpetual state of almost buying a ps5 so they can stick it to the leather man even if they don't really play video games anymore.
I just caved in and bought a 4070 Super. I feel so much younger now. Next, The Jacket. ;)

Soldato
Can you blame him? The state of this forum is pathetic these days just a bunch of bitter aging dudes stuck in a perpetual state of almost buying a ps5 so they can stick it to the leather man even if they don't really play video games anymore.
At 46 i must be young then as i game on PC, Series X, Ps5 and now and then the Switch. I love to game so no point in limiting myself to just one system. FF7 Rebirth going down a treat on the Ps5 right now as no way was i waiting for a PC release. I think Kaap was all about testing different hardware setups and Benching. Apart from the odd strategy game i don't think he played much. Seems crazy to spend all that money on 4 card configs just to push some numbers on benchmarks but i guess he enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
At 46 i must be young then as i game on PC, Series X, Ps5 and now and then the Switch. I love to game so no point in limiting myself to just one system. FF7 Rebirth going down a treat on the Ps5 right now as no way was i waiting for a PC release. I think Kaap was all about testing different hardware setups and Benching. Apart from the odd strategy game i don't think he played much. Seems crazy to spend all that money on 4 card configs just to push some numbers on benchmarks but i guess he enjoyed it.

Yeah. All that info is well documented online anyway.

As for having all the consoles, I can barely manage to keep up with PC gaming these days. Happy to wait and play on pc :D

Soldato
A few have gone the way of Kaap. I hardly come back here now long since got fed up of spending ££ for not much gain. Had my last big spend couple years ago and moved onto other things. 3D Printer projects have filled that space now.
Same here, my hobbies change all the time,
Maybe in the summer months I be spending most of my spare time back out with friends on are motorcycles again

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Mods work for free on a volunteer basis, feel free to take up the mantle for owners threads etc if you'd like.

Shame. What Kaapstad did had value in making this forum attractive and interesting, and presumably this entire forum is only allowed to exist because it has indirect commercial value to OCUK by drawing a PC hardware enthusiast community here / converting people into PC hardware enthusiasts.

I do wonder whether some of my upgrades were influenced by the wide variety of scoreboards available under Kaapstad. I certainly know my overclocking was. I became obsessed with getting a 100 FPS average in the SOTTR bench at 3440x1440 after getting oh so close, and was chuffed when I achieved it with OCing :)

If I were to do something similar (which I definitely won't as I don't have the time or expertise for it) I'd limit people to say one submission every 3 months per benchmark. I can only guess there's other magic those with the knowledge could use via Google Docs / external form submissions in some way that would make keeping benchmark scoreboards on the forum simpler and more efficient, but that's well outside my area of expertise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom