Last Epoch - aRPG (Kickstarter Demo available)

Soldato
yeah, just leveling an online char and it's still slow between zones, sometimes 30s sometimes 3 minutes. Will probably get worse as the numbers climb. Off line char is in mono's if online gets bad

Soldato
if you want to try circle of fortune then offline is fine, just need online for group play or trading

Online seems totally dead now

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder how badly the server issues are gonna hurt this game long term. I imagine the peak players would have been a lot higher without all the issues and the volume of negative reviews on Steam that will never get updated definitely gonna sting a little.

Soldato
They won't be a problem for long. The issues they have are not capacity related, they are AFAIK using aws so ramping those is as easy as a button press.

The issue they have is their backend systems that handle data transfer, where a handful of bugs are causing bottlenecks.

Judd the ceo will do a full technical break down once the issue is resolved for those interested in network technology.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's certainly not a good look that there have been all these MP problems and some criticism is rightfully earned due to this. However, I also feel that a lot of people are complaining to an unwarranted degree, especially those who are review-bombing, simply because you can still play and use the product, unlike most newer ARPGs that are released purely as a "Game as a service" bs. Some props should be given to EHG for getting the true offline mode into patch 1.0.

Soldato
It's certainly not a good look that there have been all these MP problems and some criticism is rightfully earned due to this. However, I also feel that a lot of people are complaining to an unwarranted degree, especially those who are review-bombing, simply because you can still play and use the product, unlike most newer ARPGs that are released purely as a "Game as a service" bs. Some props should be given to EHG for getting the true offline mode into patch 1.0.

I really wish more people had taken the hint and just played offline for a while...it wa so obvious and expected that they wouldn't be able to handle day 1.

That doesn't excuse the issues but if more people had been realistic they'd have had a better time and lower blood pressure.

Soldato
Nearly 200K playing, with less than ideal servers at the moment (I assume) - so that's quite an achievement for a smallish indie studios first release i'd say.

Pal-World, Hell-Divers and now LE (albeit on a much smaller scale) smashing AAA/A Live -Service garbage like SSKTJL and Skull and Bones to pieces.

Good times.

:)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Nearly 200K playing, with less than ideal servers at the moment (I assume) - so that's quite an achievement for a smallish indie studios first release i'd say.

Pal-World, Hell-Divers and now LE (albeit on a much smaller scale) smashing AAA/A Live -Service garbage like SSKTJL and Skull and Bones to pieces.

Good times.

:)
Crikey, thats an acronym, save me the braincell usage , whats SSKTJL?

Associate
Yeah I've been fine for a good hour or so just blasting monoliths from level 29 > 42. Looks like a short downtime again going off the discord update.

Warlock starting to come alive a bit now, chthonic fissure feels pretty nice to just drop and amplify the spread of DOT effects. I'm not reaching mega levels yet, but can quite easily spread 50+ stacks across whole packs so far. Hopefully I can get some good gear to drop now and start boosting the damage.

Associate
The server issues will probaly drop off after a week or so as people probably leave the game
I played offline day 1, got my necro to 74, been online since on a falconer. Currently 68 just blasting monoliths.
Are you finding it fun at high level? How many hours you put in to get to 74 in 2 days?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom