LG C3 + Plex Server + Remux

Soldato
Just found this thread after seeing a post in an nvidia shield thread.

I’ve had a few buffering issues with large 4k files and had never thought it could be due to the tv’s 100mbs lan port.

I’ve got a spare usb Ethernet adapter, I’ll try that and report back.

Associate
If having isses you could try using Wi-Fi? I had the same issue with my LG on wired ethernet but my Wi-Fi point is 3 meters away from the TV and I can connect 866 Mbps.

Soldato
OP
I've tried different devices over the years and I have found the Shield Pro to be the best by far. Every other method has a compromise. The Shield connects to my LG CX65 and plays whatever I throw at it flawlessly. This include Dolby Vision Remux with Atmos/DTS-X. It is annoying having to use an external device but I have accepted that if you want maximum quality you have to jump through some hoops!
The main benefit of the ATV is it integrates remote function, so your normal remote controls it. Doesn't even feel like an external device at all.

Soldato
No one with issues tried Emby?

Does have some issues with Dolby Vision depending on the container (mkv), everything else works perfectly for me. Largest self rip I have is 85gig (The Great Wall) which I use to test if I change anything on the network.
I use my backup google tv for Dolby Vision with Atmos.

Associate
The main benefit of the ATV is it integrates remote function, so your normal remote controls it. Doesn't even feel like an external device at all.
Can you not use HDMI CEC on the Shield/another device? It's worked flawlessly for me on my Pi4 running Kodi (even works to control the PS5 with the TV remote).

Back
Top Bottom