LG OLED 2023 Thread - A3, B3, C3, G3

Associate
Does this stack with the 20% off first order on finance - and if so - can you settle the finance early - and how much does it cost?
Finance is free for 3 months but you are unlikely to get enough credit allowance to buy the tv(I dont have any personal allowance due to salary but still was offered only 750...)
Altough the code might just work with any payment method once you are approved for very credit.

Last edited:
Associate
True, I just wonder if the c4 is going to be a bigger jump than what we saw with the c2 - c3
Rumor has it that it will not come with MLA so there wont by any noticable improvement from c3.
Also, g3 is overrated - have it myself and I really regret not waiting for A95L, RGBW OLED is really inferior.

Last edited:
Soldato
Rumor has it that it will not come with MLA so there wont by any noticable improvement from c3.
Also, g3 is overrated - have it myself and I really regret not waiting for A95L, RGBW OLED is really inferior.
Might want to tell all the professional reviewers that don’t think there’s much in it and most don’t think the much higher price is worth it.

Soldato
Tbh I did not notice a huge difference between the G3 and C3. It’s definitely brighter but the C3 is not exactly dim and in everyday use it was not as noticeable as expected.

Im using a 65” C3 now and couldn’t be more happy with it. You can always wait for next years tech but it usually comes at an inflated price and offers little gain. I tend to stick 6 months to a year behind and save a few quid.

Soldato
The thing about the C3 and G3 is that the G3 only hits 1500 nits at certain window sizes, so it would depend on the content you’re watching.

I’m sure something like FFVIIR would show the difference quite well, there’s lots of spot lights and neon, somewhere like Wall Market would probably show a marked difference.

The pricing between the C and G series isn’t huge right now either.

Associate
Does the fact the LG G3 doesn't have HDR10+ an issue? I'm completely new to both 4k and HDR and can see ot supports Dolby Vision and HDR10 but not HDR10+. I'm just conscious that if I buy I might be shooting myself in the foot in terms of standards support? It seems it's pretty well covered otherwise in terms of HDR and Audio formats. Last minute jitters before buying perhaps

Soldato
Does the fact the LG G3 doesn't have HDR10+ an issue? I'm completely new to both 4k and HDR and can see ot supports Dolby Vision and HDR10 but not HDR10+. I'm just conscious that if I buy I might be shooting myself in the foot in terms of standards support? It seems it's pretty well covered otherwise in terms of HDR and Audio formats. Last minute jitters before buying perhaps
It's literally just extra brightness.

Soldato
Oooohhhh, I thought these bad boys were the brightest!

So why can't they play HDR10+, my oled panny can
HDR10+ is not a content standard it's an output standard - it's just more nits of brightness on the panel. No compatibility issue.

Don't know about the Panasonic, maybe they drive the panel harder?

Edit: done a bit of reading and apparently it is a different format but it's a bit of a play by Samsung to promote their own standards and LG have gone with Dolby Vision instead

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like my panny is around 600/700 nits, so not even HDR10 fully utilised, let along HDR10+
Seems a pointless feature on my TV, but it made me buy it, as it sounded good lol.

Back
Top Bottom