• Yes V6 FE Manual - 5k paid

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Yes V6 FE Auto - 5k paid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes i4 DCT FE - 2k paid

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Still thinking about and NO deposit paid

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • 2k Deposit paid but making no decisions yet, holding out.

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Thanks Grudas :)

So it's in with the detailer getting a two stage paint correction, and ceramic over everything.... looking forward to getting it back! I need to look into PPF asap though, for the front bumper and the gloss black side sills I think.

I've also spammed the 'car' instagram account and youtube with various short videos etc - I'll make a full walkaround / tour of the car this weekend hopefully.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Don't ceramic coat it before the PPF else it'll have to be machine polished off before they fit it!

For the gloss black bits, XPel do a gloss black PPF. Regular clear PPF is shown up a bit by black. I have gloss black all over mine and the black PPF really is excellent. Then coated with GTechniq HALO ceramic for the PPF afterwards and it looks immense.

Soldato
Don't ceramic coat it before the PPF else it'll have to be machine polished off before they fit it!
This!!!!!!!

Soo much obsession over coating cars in terracotta pot derivatives, then protecting them with self healing plastics.

Why not go the full hog and add a full body condom, then some medieval armour (to protect from the flys).

@shaank It looks seriously terrific and the colour combo is spot on. It's also refreshing to see some lovely silver wheels :D

Last edited:
Associate
The more I look at these the more man-maths I keep doing, even found myself doing the groundwork with the wife at the weekend :D I've booked one of the half day sessions at Hethel next year to have a blast as well. @shaank please provide more content for me to drool over!

Soldato
Big update post coming soon!!! And Lotus press release meant to be this week re my collection of the 1st one from Hethel :)

Detailing is done, now with Lotus Glasgow for a few bits and bobs and it's first modifications too!

Excited to get it back in the next day or two, pics and detailed writeup to follow, it'll be run in by the time I write it up too!

Overall - loving it :)

Soldato
Quick video / reel the detailers put together.....

Full safe wash, then contact wash.
Decontamination
two stage paint correction
Ceramic applied to wheels, glass and gloss black areas
Ceramic wax applied to the hethel yellow
Interior deep clean
Leather treated
Ceramic applied to everything inside

Why Ceramic wax and not 'full' ceramic? Simply put, I want to ppf some areas at some point, and this will come off easier, plus it'll be nice to be able to top it up myself. It's a car I want to 'touch' when cleaning, not just snow foam and rinse from time to time. That sounds weirder than I mean it to...... :D

Last edited:
Associate
Starting to see a couple examples come and go on AutoTrader.

£105k for a delivery miles example :eek: I can't help but think at that price point a 570S within manufacturers warranty period is more appealing as a drivers car?

Was incredibly keen on buying an Emira V6 but at almost £30k more than retail price, maybe not! Don't have any sort of appeal for a Mercedes 4 cylinder in such a car.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
For £105k, 570S all day long except it isn't really apples for apples and the 570S is going to cost more to own in the long term. More performance/better car though, definitely. £105k gets you a well specced Spider although you're going to be paying for the extended warranty straight away...

The AMG-engined one will end up being the Emira to have if you want performance - lighter because the engine is lighter and also the dual clutch box will add some performance back in. A quick remap and it'll be serious power too. The Elise never suffered for being a 4-pot either. Time will tell I suppose!

OcUK Staff
Last edited:

DiG

DiG

Associate
Went for a test drive yesterday in Eastleigh - if you know the area they take you towards Hursley so a good route to enjoy the car.

Very impressed, sport suspension was a touch harsh for me but not unbearable - I think tour is the right choice personally. Really loved the gearbox, short throw and very satisfying. Steering and handling also a lot of fun, instantly felt a lot of confidence in the car and able to enjoy pushing it.

Engine is good, it feels like it needs more noise though. I wonder if this is something that could be sorted with exhaust / intake changes in the future. It doesn’t need to be any faster (every modern car is already fast enough and the faster the car the shorter time you can enjoy it on the road) just needs more drama. Being able to hear the supercharger is nice.

Interior is impressive and a massive step up, I honestly think this unlocks the car for a lot of people who have always wanted a Lotus but also wanted something nice to sit in on the commute. Infotainment etc seems fine, a few things for them to improve but I’ll be using CarPlay 99% of the time won’t bother me.

Overall though I loved driving it and it put a huge smile on my face. I will be keeping my deposit and waiting until Q2 2024 for mine to arrive! Should caveat all this with the fact that I’ve not driven the competition or other Lotus cars, current is a 991 911 S.

Soldato
I went to the Eletre event at Hethel this morning (for another thread) and on the way out I was having a sit in a yellow Emira (very impressed!!!) and I asked if there was a red one I could take a look at as that's what I have on order. Matt Windle who was talking with another customer asked another Lotus employee (apologies forgot his name but lovely chap) to take us on a hunt for one, after a look around we saw a lot of Dark Verdant, Blue and Yellow cars but no Red. I wasn't too disappointed as I have a test drive booked for January but Matt spotted me in the shop when I was trinket hunting and took my friend and I on a short factory tour to find a red Emira for me to take a look at. Amazing thing for him to do and I definitely chose the right colour for me!

Soldato
First one Collecting Cars, be interesting what it fetches, if I remember right OTR price for that would be circa 80-82k. I'd expect it to reach maybe close to 90k plus fees, an easy quick profit for the seller

Weird house - like he has built a flat on a 5 car garage lol.

OcUK Staff
So the Collecting Cars yellow car sold for 84k plus fees, seller got 84.5k and CC near 6k in fees.

A Lotus dealer themselves tried to sell it for the owner for 105k but Lotus told them to take it down and hence the owner listed it on Collecting Cars.

The buyer was Scott Hardy who now has it up on their website:
I just found my dream car... Search for yours
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...BdERBmj2U14ca8nU8Y9K1KiekAa8DnOd82XbSW6sWm1-0

Back
Top Bottom