McDonald’s general discussion

Soldato
I had a Burger King Whopper for the first time in about 12 years last night, as the McDonalds I usually go to opposite Burger King is being refurbed, and I tell you what, it was pretty bloody good! They seem to have done something with the buns because I remember they used to just fall part and let the contents spill out after the first bite, but it kept itself together. And the taste was very good indeed. Maybe it was because I was 9:30pm and I was absolutely starving. 11 quid though for a Whopper meal and a single cheeseburger :sadface:

Soldato
USA hamburgers I'd be more concerned about McDonalds UK meat /ingredient sourcing standards falling to usa ones, w/o the constraint of eu standards,
most of their animal standards are subjective like those from the supermarkets ... we are still not checking imported meat , but, they now should have the certificates needed;

... how long do cows have to live in the UK before they are naturalised

Caporegime
Sorry, but I’m completely done with McDonald’s now. Had one last night and must have had to dash to the bog about 4 times during the night, did my guts up something awful, and it seems to happen too often now. I eat Chinese, Indian, doner kebabs, KFC with no ill effects at all, but Maccies does me in.

And the most stupid thing about it is that I never really enjoy it.
Are you becoming lactose intolerant as you get older?

Mcdonalds would be the only one with cheese in that list.

Soldato
11 quid though for a Whopper meal and a single cheeseburger :sadface:

Yea it's way too much money really for what that is.

I agree burger king burgers are better than McDonald's always have been in my opinion, but they are expensive and in my experience everything else on burgers kings menu is awful, tastes of old frying oil.

£11 would get you a decent kebab or a ton of fried chicken.

Soldato
Also, as a professional connoisseur of fast food fries, the Burger King fries I had to the other night were light years ahead of McDonalds, and especially KFC's, whose fries are absolutely minging these days. On a par with those triple fried chips you get at the best Chinese takeaways.

Soldato
OP
Really don't rate burger king anymore. Their burgers used to be decent but now are just overpriced and undersized.
I still like a Chicken Royale every now and again. Had one today but it was £8 for the meal!

And they don't maintain their Coke Freestyle machines properly so one was out of Diet Coke and the other one it was flat!!

Associate
Thread for McDonald’s chat.

Prompted by my local McD’s being pretty rubbish. It now takes at least 5 - 10 minutes to get through the drive through, regardless of what time of day it is.

Similarly, nearly every time I go they ask me to pull up to the second food window or park in the car park to get my food as they take so long to prepare it. Problem is the car park has about 30 spaces and is almost always full.

Thanks for listening to my rant. :D
Cost of living. A lot of people can't afford to feed their families proper food. I did take my daughter to mcdonalds for her fifth birthday the other day (1st time). someone managed to steal our food.

Soldato
I had a Burger King Whopper for the first time in about 12 years last night, as the McDonalds I usually go to opposite Burger King is being refurbed, and I tell you what, it was pretty bloody good! They seem to have done something with the buns because I remember they used to just fall part and let the contents spill out after the first bite, but it kept itself together. And the taste was very good indeed. Maybe it was because I was 9:30pm and I was absolutely starving. 11 quid though for a Whopper meal and a single cheeseburger :sadface:
Next time use the Burger King app and you get 2 whopper meals for £11.

DOckVp0.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Thread for McDonald’s chat.

Prompted by my local McD’s being pretty rubbish. It now takes at least 5 - 10 minutes to get through the drive through, regardless of what time of day it is.

Similarly, nearly every time I go they ask me to pull up to the second food window or park in the car park to get my food as they take so long to prepare it. Problem is the car park has about 30 spaces and is almost always full.

Thanks for listening to my rant. :D
Know people who do as a bet which is served quicker - drive thru or go inside. They order the same. 80% of the time its ordering inside that won.

Back
Top Bottom