McDonald’s general discussion

Soldato
Cost of living. A lot of people can't afford to feed their families proper food. I did take my daughter to mcdonalds for her fifth birthday the other day (1st time). someone managed to steal our food.
I was at KFC in Wakefield and went through the drive thru. The guy in the car in front, got his food and the server turned away before paying and took advantage of this and sped off.

I pulled up to the collection window and server said "That's (a figure in the low £20s)".

"Erm the car in front of me was a black 4x4 and man had tattoos on his arm". "I only ordered a bucket costing around (£15)". "Can't you tell the difference between a black 4x4 and a red Corsa (which was my car at the time)"

Server expected me to pay for his food. I refused and wanted to speak to the manager. I pulled into a bay to let the other cars be served. He looked at CCTV and saw that the black 4x4 collected his food and probably asked for some sauces. extra napkins etc. I have no idea why payment from him wasn't taken before he got his food.

This is why I refuse to use drive thrus now.

Why do people park in the small car parks of McDs, KFC to eat their food after paying through drive thru? The parking should only be used for those who want to eat in or collect inside then drive off somewhere.

There is a McDs and KFC about the same distance, in different directions from a massive Tesco which the spaces at the far end of the supermarket don't get used. Park there.

Associate
People parking in McDonald’s car parks to eat their McDonald’s, I’m flabbergasted
There are a few place around Reading where restaurant it too full to eat in, and also avoids the screaming kid brigade. But mostly agree it is odd.

On another note had my 1st breakfast wrap - surprised how good it was. Normally would have McMuffin.

Soldato
There are a few place around Reading where restaurant it too full to eat in, and also avoids the screaming kid brigade. But mostly agree it is odd.

On another note had my 1st breakfast wrap - surprised how good it was. Normally would have McMuffin.
The chavs round here go to a car park in the evening after going through McD’s Drive Thru then toss their rubbish outside the car.

Caporegime
I meet up with a friend at McDs every 3 weeks - not my choice, she's a fussy eater.

Meet up on Thursdays or Fridays c.1:30pm and always see a school aged kid (6-8 years) in there during school days. If they are ill from school, they shouldn't be spreading their germs at McDs
They’re most probably not ill are they. Theres lots of reasons they might not be at school. Perhaps it’s teacher training day, they’ve had a dentist appointment or they’re home schooled.

Can’t you just leave people alone?

Soldato
There a McDonald's with a drive through a few mins from me, & no matter what time of day you go passed, there's a queue. Some days they are queuing out onto the main road :confused:
I don't really get what people see in the food served up, I've not set foot in one for 15 years & even then it was probably once a year.

Soldato
When McDonalds reopened in phases (just the drive thru) in early Summer 2020 the nearest one to us was Eye Green, near Peterborough. One of the local Wombles found a receipt a couple of days later and it had Eye Green and the date of it reopening.

That means some sad person drove 90 mile trip, spent god knows queuing to get something from their very limited menu.

Soldato
When McDonalds reopened in phases (just the drive thru) in early Summer 2020 the nearest one to us was Eye Green, near Peterborough. One of the local Wombles found a receipt a couple of days later and it had Eye Green and the date of it reopening.

That means some sad person drove 90 mile trip, spent god knows queuing to get something from their very limited menu.

Or it means they were driving back from somewhere else and stopped along the way

Soldato
Having just come back from the US, i've come to realise just how expensive McD's is in the US. Nearly $17 for a meal especially if you're within the Disney resort areas. Outside the bubble was a bit cheaper but only by a dollar or so.

It's made the UK prices look cheap...

Soldato
There a McDonald's with a drive through a few mins from me, & no matter what time of day you go passed, there's a queue. Some days they are queuing out onto the main road :confused:
I don't really get what people see in the food served up, I've not set foot in one for 15 years & even then it was probably once a year.
Oakenshaw is always busy, no matter what time you go. Moons moat is a lot quieter tbf.

Commissario
I had to go to Tesco after work yesterday and on the way home I popped into the nearest McD. I parked up used the app and had a medium fries, quarter pounder with cheese (no pickle) and a double cheeseburger (no pickle) delivered to my car. The fries were so hot that they were steaming and the inside of the car misted up before I'd finished eating them. The burgers were also hot, not quite steaming hot but hotter than I expected.

It cost me £8.47 and I was stuffed full.

Back
Top Bottom