*NEW* 2015 Dell Inspiron 15 - 7559, i7 6700HQ/GTX960M owners thread

Soldato
OP
All that matters is that you're happy with it :) Some people on notebookreview forums said the BOE screen was variable quality in white/blacks and had some problems with colour reproduction but you know what enthusiasts are like...

Upgraded mine to 16GB this morning and got all my isos together, next week it's SSD time and an upgrade to 10 Pro (for HyperV mostly)

Associate
R.E. The other question, what to do with it new - remove the crappy AV it comes with and put something good on there like Sophos home, there is a little Dell bloat too and a dropbox offer. It can all be easily removed from add/remove programs in the control panel.

First thing I did is get rid of McAfee and get AVG free on there. I'm also surprised there is so little bloat on it, far less than my old Sony Vaio had.

Second up was Steam and Football Manager 2016! :cool:

Also noticed this has went up £40 on a certain website since I bought it.

Soldato
First thing I did is get rid of McAfee and get AVG free on there. I'm also surprised there is so little bloat on it, far less than my old Sony Vaio had.

Second up was Steam and Football Manager 2016! :cool:

Also noticed this has went up £40 on a certain website since I bought it.

Why would you ruin it with bloat like AVG?

If you want a free AV just use Microsoft security essentials which is already on there.

Although tbh I'd recommend Nod32
Just keep away from AVG etc, it'll just slow your laptop down.

Associate
I've ordered this laptop aswell, should be here in a couple of days.

Bit concerned reading some reviews with people having problems with screen tearing/wifi/video card issues.. overheating etc. But maybe it's just because they haven't updated their drivers(?)

Associate
Although quite a bit more expensive I bought the Dell XPS 15 Skylake refresh. The battery life suffers a bit due to the 4k screen (gorgeous btw) but this laptop had everything I was looking for. Stylish and understated design, beautifully built (no creaks or wobbles), great screen, good trackpad and keyboard, light, reasonable GPU and a combined USB C/Thunderbolt 3 port.

Love it so far, really beautiful piece of kit. :)

Associate
Got this laptop last week, still playing with it tweaking but so far it is excellent for the money.

I've added a 250GB Crucial M2 MX200 SSD, and another 8GB of Crucial DDR3L, moved the OS over to the SSD using Macriem reflect free. and kept the recovery partition intact on the HDD and just free'd up the space for games / steam.

I have a Killer networks AC 1535 wifi card coming the Intel one is OK but if your gaming why not have a dedicated card!!

I have also overclocked the 960M using MSI Afterburner and this nets about a 10% performance increase with little to no heat addition / performance loss.

Dell hit the market running with this system, better than an Alienware 13 spec wise and cheaper too.

Nice Laptop.

Last edited:
Soldato
Am over in the US just now with work, and am seriously tempted to pick one of these up...
Looks like an amazing price, for the hardware that's in it. And I really don't mind a US keyboard.

What do people make of the speakers in these laptops? Any use?

Soldato
Regarding the panel lottery, be it LG or the "BOE" (whatever brand that is), it will definitely be a IPS panel?

Also to save on laptop doesn't seem to have it for £700 anymore, but at £40 dearer...?

Associate
Am over in the US just now with work, and am seriously tempted to pick one of these up...
Looks like an amazing price, for the hardware that's in it. And I really don't mind a US keyboard.

What do people make of the speakers in these laptops? Any use?

I'd say they pack a punch for lappy speakers, the enhanced audio app does a good job of adding spacial depth to what ever your doing.

For the money I think they are good enough.

Associate
Regarding the panel lottery, be it LG or the "BOE" (whatever brand that is), it will definitely be a IPS panel?

Also to save on laptop doesn't seem to have it for £700 anymore, but at £40 dearer...?

Definately IPS , I've not checked mine not too fussed TBH no dead pixels was my main thing and I have none. Once you tweak the brightness and saturation a bit it pops . If your looking for more then this ain't the laptop you should be buying.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom