*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Why do you hope that?

The Switch is still selling well and still has a number of games coming out this year. No need for them to hurry out the next console.
Looks like their post got us both thinking. I can totally see it from Kakarott's side though, if you've had one since release and played everything you want to play on it then it certainly makes sense to want a new improved experience. Look how far mobile processors have come along in recent years and think what Nintendo could do on a new chip...

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yeah, there is still plenty of money to be wrung from the Switch. Can't wait for the next one though. We will finally get a new MK game, next 3D mario, perhaps even MP4!11!!

Associate
Yeah, there is still plenty of money to be wrung from the Switch. Can't wait for the next one though. We will finally get a new MK game, next 3D mario, perhaps even MP4!11!!
I think all 3 of these are very likely within the first year of the new console's arrival.

As for the rumours saying the Switch 2 is delayed until 2025 - I really hope not otherwise it's going to be a lean year for Nintendo. If the rumours are true, I wonder what has caused the delay ? Nintendo deliberately extending the lifespan of the original Switch in the vain hope it becomes the best selling console of all time ? ( it's already the top selling console ever in Japan ). Or is it because some of the games they wanted to release on launch of the new console have hit some development issues ?

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
I think all 3 of these are very likely within the first year of the new console's arrival.

As for the rumours saying the Switch 2 is delayed until 2025 - I really hope not otherwise it's going to be a lean year for Nintendo. If the rumours are true, I wonder what has caused the delay ? Nintendo deliberately extending the lifespan of the original Switch in the vain hope it becomes the best selling console of all time ? ( it's already the top selling console ever in Japan ). Or is it because some of the games they wanted to release on launch of the new console have hit some development issues ?

I think its far simpler than that. The Switch is still making them silly money with little requirement for them to do anything special. I reckon they have had the next MK game done for years at this point. Same for the next 3D mario. MP4, who knows. The longer they leave it, the cheaper the tech inside the Switch 2 will become and all it will do is delay a really bumper year for them.

Man of Honour
I think its far simpler than that. The Switch is still making them silly money with little requirement for them to do anything special. I reckon they have had the next MK game done for years at this point. Same for the next 3D mario. MP4, who knows. The longer they leave it, the cheaper the tech inside the Switch 2 will become and all it will do is delay a really bumper year for them.

This - they've zero need to rush out anything its still selling well; in November it only sold about 10,000 units less than the Series X did.
There's zero competition at this point in the handheld market with no new looming Playstation Portable or an Xbox Mobile; etc
Before someone shouts "Steam Deck" - its not a real competitor, most Switch owners just want to stick in a cart and turn on a game, not spend time tweaking settings, etc - also Steam Deck sales are tiny v sales of the Switch (Less than 5 million v 140 million).

I don't mind them holding off but yeah quiet year game wise possibly

Associate
Bought Mario and Rabbids Sparks of Hope in a black Friday deal, just completed it today. Really enjoyed it, nice no pressure game, could pick it up and have a few battles any time. Well worth the money I paid, now on to Mario Wonder.

Back
Top Bottom