Noteworthy Cars for Sale [Appreciation Thread]

Don
WVMOleK.jpg

Link.

Certainly unique! :eek:

Damage to both the front and back though, copious amounts of "carbon fibre" gaffer tape, some rust, and that's before you start on the 30 year old italian electrics.

Also the random BMW Seatbelt :D

Man of Honour
It's a 250 GTO. £50million+ isn't out of the question. Given how some areas of the historic car market are right now, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a £60million car.

Man of Honour
Saw this was for sale the other day. Road registered version too.

nSOBWBl.jpg

Also have a trackday version in purple.

1e34yd6.jpg

Prefer the road going one, but with the aero screen from the purple one. Would make it a little more practical. ;)

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I thought they buy the car then have an exact replica built somehow? Then they sell them as a pair.

Some have chosen to do that over the years. Don't think 3527GT was ever duplicated in that way though. But certainly more than a few 250 GTE 2+2s got chopped up to make GTO reps (3405GT, 3483GT, 3503GT and 3511GT definitely all started out as Series II GTEs before getting rebodied as GTOs, either by Drogo or another carrozzeria).

It's the age-old joke about the cars. Of the 39 GTOs (36 of the 250s, 3 of the 330s) ever built, all 14,132 are still on the road ;)

Caporegime
Not "For Sale" as such. But DC Giveaways has this up at the moment.

nU0uIjW.jpg
Saw that and bought tickets for it already! That would be an epic win and I would definitely take the car!

Soldato

nU0uIjW.jpg

Was going to say I thought these Eleanor reps were not allowed as it breached Copyright laws, but looks of it as of last year courts ruled the whole thing is a load of bull. As I remember B is for Build a while a go got his taken away from him.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Want. Want it badly.

When Steve Barton decided he was going to win the Ridler Award, the custom car world’s most prestigious accolade, he started with one of America’s most desirable cars: the 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham. New, it cost nearly $14,000, and only 100 were built with 99 being delivered, thanks to a shipping mishap that destroyed one car. Steve’s car, No. 85, was used to create the one-of-a-kind custom Cadillac known as CadMad.

OcUK Staff

nU0uIjW.jpg

I too entered this, did not win. :(

However a guy in Simply Mustang group did win it, he is not keeping it and closest offer to 100k buys it, anyone interested I can put you in touch.

Also there is this example on Collecting Cars and is RHD:

Back
Top Bottom