• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia App - the new replacement for the Legacy Nvidia Control Panel,Geforce Experience and RTX Experience

Caporegime
Yep. Did all that.

It can work on DLDSR on I think, even though the message says otherwise. I think the difference is you can't use the filter live to adjust values on the fly if DLDSR is enabled.

I did try it in Wasteland 3 and RTX HDR worked on that. The game it didn't work is Soulcalibur 6. Funny this as I said was auto hdr works fine in that game and makes a big difference.

It is Beta, it will no doubt get better. I will defo use it when I decide to play an old game one day. But right now I have zero use for it in it's current state.

Doesn't work with dldsr for me at all.

Don't have SC 6 so can't try but so far it has worked in all games I've tried so bit weird why it wouldn't work on games like that.

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Doesn't work with dldsr for me at all.

Don't have SC 6 so can't try but so far it has worked in all games I've tried so bit weird why it wouldn't work on games like that.

That would put me of from using it anyway. I mean sure I still would for some old games, but it is an annoying limitation for to have.

All this will get ironed out slowly anyway. In 6-12 months it will probably be great shape.

Caporegime
That would put me of from using it anyway. I mean sure I still would for some old games, but it is an annoying limitation for to have.

All this will get ironed out slowly anyway. In 6-12 months it will probably be great shape.

Yeah I'm sure nvidia will get it working with DLDSR at some point, perhaps when they fix the multi monitor issue. As it is, RTX HDR over DLDSR for me as it has far more of an impact over DLDSR for IQ imo.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah I'm sure nvidia will get it working with DLDSR at some point, perhaps when they fix the multi monitor issue. As it is, RTX HDR over DLDSR for me as it has far more of an impact over DLDSR for IQ imo.

Yeah. Trouble is most the games I am playing now have a good native HDR output or good enough autohdr one.

I would rather DLDSR and Auto HDR on together if supported vs just RTX HDR for example. I am sure soon it will be fixed anyway. And if not I will get the 4K QD-OLED meaning it won't matter :)

Associate
I play on 4k Oled and I was having no end of problems with diablo using this - oversaturated, colours looking wrong (all reds were bright orange), massive frame drops and lots of crashing. Took me quite a while messing around with settings to get everthing looking right and performing well, but I would say in Diablo RTX HDR is no better than Windows Auto. Despite what others say, I can't see any difference with new games that already have a HDR option

However the app makes Battlefield 4 look absolutely amazing - honestly it's like a newly released game graphically :).

Soldato
It does seem to be good, for what it offers...

in terms of information whilst playing a game. Not as granular or detailed as RTSS etc...... Also I do like the recording quality and notifications of driver updates etc....
I can only imagine over time that it could become even more useful.

Caporegime
Clipboard02.jpg

App has stopped working now... I've changed nothing!

Every game I load up it thinks it is Callisto Protocol. And adding any filters it comes up with Launch a supported game.

Even Horizon :/. So looks like an uninstall until the app is out of beta

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Close and restart Nvidia Frameview SDK in task manager (or manually end task PresentMon), it might have crashed or leaked. I discovered an odd RAM use issue today, was seeing more RAM use than usual as I do check task manager from time to time an discovered the Frameview SDK was running using over 6GB of RAM even though I don't have the NV App running nor the overlay enabled. I guess it must have remained in a stuck state from previous use and never closed itself down.

cTZHizC.png

It's PresentMon which is part of Windows hooks but when you right click and open location, it opens up the application utilising the system, in my case this was Nvidia Frameview SDK.

It's a beta app still of course so can't complain, but it's good to be aware of things like this!

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think Nvidia has released any major new updates to the app, it's probably at least a year away from being a full replacement for the Nvidia control panel

Soldato
From what I've seen those are bug fixes

Nothing wrong with any of this, they are trying to redesign the back and front end of the control panel and GeForce experience feature set and moving the GeForce experience features was always going to be easier because it's newer and the control panel is built on some old tech and that's gonna take a while to develop in the new app. The nvidia app is basically in early access and it will be a while before it reaches full capability and launch status

Last edited:
Soldato
I enjoyed watching one of my grandsons playing on my PC using this app. As he played Fortnite it would record each time that he died etc whilst playing. He enjoyed reviewing those, noting his editing, in the game term, skills etc....

Back
Top Bottom