• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia App - the new replacement for the Legacy Nvidia Control Panel,Geforce Experience and RTX Experience

Associate
New UI is nice, but honestly couldn't GAF as long as it works for what I need it to do. I do really like the AMD overlay thing though!
Biggest improvement IMO is removing the need to log in to use the recording features... Although I would have used the nVENC setting in OBS instead for that anyway so not a big deal really.

I've never used HDR much as both my displays are only 400 rated, but if I had a better TV/monitor then I could see that being a pretty big deal

Soldato
So my RTX 4080 + Alienware OLED is a no brainer it works well, much better than the Windows Auto HDR.

Also have a RTX 2070S + Samsung G5 with a HDR400 mode which hasn't worked very well on previous monitors.

Enabled Windows HDR and it didn't immediately raise the blacks to grey so a good start. Installed RTX HDR + Drivers and setup the Enshrouded profile with the previous mentioned recommended settings. Booted Enshrouded and yeah there's a subtle but decent boost to some of the highlights and with a reshader it's very good just not as eye popping as the main system. So worth a few minutes fiddling. Nice to see the 2xxx GPU still getting some new software features.

Last edited:
Soldato
Going to give this a whirl tonight, hope it's an improvement over the control panel which I remember first seeing a an FX5200 and it hasn't really changed in any way since. I'll probably miss the old control panel is it's a nice reminiscence.

Man of Honour
No the actual toggle to enable or disable the overlay. The ability to record is not available until the overlay is enabled. In the GFE of before this toggle took a few seconds to activate, now it's almost instant:

hekN9gl.png

Man of Honour
The profiling optimised settings bit in the app (and GFE really) need to be re-thought as what it recommends isn't always the best setting to use lol. Someone else mentioned this before, maybe @Nexus18

Here on Metro Exodus Enhanced it thinks I should be using DLSS Ultra Performance, even though I'm getting over 100fps with DLSS Quality

Yblw2ib.png

Caporegime
The profiling optimised settings bit in the app (and GFE really) need to be re-thought as what it recommends isn't always the best setting to use lol. Someone else mentioned this before, maybe @Nexus18
it was the same in GeForce experience, or whatever it was called.
check this... wants to change my res to less than my monitors native.... Endless space 2.... a 4x game.... not demanding at all
KLxbrlx.jpeg

Dying light 2 recommended for a 4090
look where the slider is
K6Z1nlJ.jpeg

it doesnt want me to turn on ray tracing either lol....

Nearly every game I look at it suggests worse settings than maxed out on a 4090.....

Nvidia test literally 0 of these suggested settings, have you ever found a game you can't max out on a 4090? maybe at 4k it's different... but im not at 4k

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I never bother with such things like optimised or recommended settings. That is for noobs. I will adjust settings the way I please thank you very much Nvidia.

I just installed it for the improved HDR over auto HDR.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So finally got the chance to try the app. The things I was intrigued about was using DLDSR without needing to have the higher resolution as my desktop res. Tried two games that I had issues with. Nope, made no difference. OK, that's crap then.

Next moved on to testing the RTX HDR. I am thinking nice, can stop using Auto HDR now. First game I launch to test it on it does not even work. Best part is the game works with auto hdr. Lol. Wtf. OK, this is crap too then.

Uninstall... :cry:

To be fair it is beta and mrk has not had enough time :p

I am sure it will get better. Will give it a few months and try again :D

Caporegime
So finally got the chance to try the app. The things I was intrigued about was using DLDSR without needing to have the higher resolution as my desktop res. Tried two games that I had issues with. Nope, made no difference. OK, that's crap then.

Next moved on to testing the RTX HDR. I am thinking nice, can stop using Auto HDR now. First game I launch to test it on it does not even work. Best part is the game works with auto hdr. Lol. Wtf. OK, this is crap too then.

Uninstall... :cry:

To be fair it is beta and mrk has not had enough time :p

I am sure it will get better. Will give it a few months and try again :D

Yeah the DLDSR doesn't work for me very well, I think it's tied into having to use the optimise button which then changes the other settings.

RTX HDR should be working without issues though:

- hardware acceleration needs to be on I think
- windows hdr on but auto hdr off (make sure it is off globally)
- HDR in game turned off if you are wanting RTX HDR

Remember RTX HDR won't work with a DLDSR res either, it only works with native res and also it doesn't work with multi monitor.

What game did you try for it?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah the DLDSR doesn't work for me very well, I think it's tied into having to use the optimise button which then changes the other settings.

RTX HDR should be working without issues though:

- hardware acceleration needs to be on I think
- windows hdr on but auto hdr off (make sure it is off globally)
- HDR in game turned off if you are wanting RTX HDR

Remember RTX HDR won't work with a DLDSR res either, it only works with native res and also it doesn't work with multi monitor.

What game did you try for it?

Yep. Did all that.

It can work on DLDSR on I think, even though the message says otherwise. I think the difference is you can't use the filter live to adjust values on the fly if DLDSR is enabled.

I did try it in Wasteland 3 and RTX HDR worked on that. The game it didn't work is Soulcalibur 6. Funny this as I said was auto hdr works fine in that game and makes a big difference.

It is Beta, it will no doubt get better. I will defo use it when I decide to play an old game one day. But right now I have zero use for it in it's current state.

Back
Top Bottom