• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Coming This Summer Featuring 3072 CUDA Cores and 6GB of GDDR5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
If those graphs are real,and if nvidia are rushing this out to combat amd but without the over the top Titan price,I'd think around £550 and 980 taking a cut to £350-400.
Doubt much of a price cut on Titan x as nvidia will want the Titan brand synonymous with silly pricing ready in around a year for a £1-1200 dirt cheap pascal card:)

Soldato
The dynamics are different this time, 3GB on the original Ti was a real niggle, but the 980Ti is a TX with 6GB, which is still plenty... can't see it being much less than 700 as why would they chop their legs off like that if TX is still selling out?

Associate
The dynamics are different this time, 3GB on the original Ti was a real niggle, but the 980Ti is a TX with 6GB, which is still plenty... can't see it being much less than 700 as why would they chop their legs off like that if TX is still selling out?

They are all saying it will be cut down with 2816 cuda cores.

Caporegime

The above link seems to suggest it has less cuda cores.

If it had the same and was just a TX with 6GB I would have probably sold my TX today.

Caporegime
Finally, since the GTX 980 Ti uses a cut down version of the GM200 GPU this will very likely mean that the card will have a two segment memory system like the GTX 970. We don’t know the exact proportions of the memory segments, but we estimate that something like 5.5GB + 0.5GB is likely.

:p

Soldato
OP
I am going to go for £559 cheapest and with top end hitting £619

Yeah this is where I would expect the 980 Ti to come in and the 980's to get a price drop.

I still think we will see a 960 Ti (3GB /192 bit/bus) and as a wildcard a 970 Ti before this gen is done with..

Then next year... Pascal !!!!!!!!!!

Soldato
Finally, since the GTX 980 Ti uses a cut down version of the GM200 GPU this will very likely mean that the card will have a two segment memory system like the GTX 970. We don’t know the exact proportions of the memory segments, but we estimate that something like 5.5GB + 0.5GB is likely. Thankfully, because the 980 Ti has a lot more memory than the GTX 970 to begin with, this should not be an issue, as 5.5GB is plenty of memory to begin with.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-980-ti-specs-benchmarks/#ixzz3asyQXojh
If the 980ti does have a memory setup anything like the GTX 970 did then I will not be buying one (two)......:(

Looks like I just have to fork out the extra cash for a pair of titan X's...

Last edited:
Associate
If nvidia get the 980 ti out faster then amd get the 390x it dosent matter how good that card is there will be quite a lot of sales stolen from them!

Soldato
Once bitten twice shy lol.

This card and an upgrade later in the year to skylake 6700k should see me ok for a few years.

Hey setter mate, whats making you want to go reference this time?

I havent upgraded in a long time but want to pick up two of these puppies and watercool for 4k.

Caporegime
Hey setter mate, whats making you want to go reference this time?

I havent upgraded in a long time but want to pick up two of these puppies and watercool for 4k.

Hey bud, long time no see.:)

Going reference as my current wf 780's get too hot in sli. Board in sig doesn't help either. So ill move to skylake with a better spaced board, (z87 is a bit long in the tooth now too) and a reference cooled ti, better solution should I go sli again. Which i inevitably end up doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom