• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Coming This Summer Featuring 3072 CUDA Cores and 6GB of GDDR5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
And if 8gb and close to tx performance is the case, the 390x could be the best choice all round for bang for buck.

+1

Not likely

If you want a TitanX you will have to pay full price.:p:D

Titan X - When 12gb means 12gb (not 4gb with go faster stickers).:D

'The Titan X price' :p

Thinking about it, if this has a cluster disabled it means it will have less ROPs as well?

Like the 970, unless they have worked some wizardry with this card. I'm sure we'll find out a few months down the line if it's Vram / ROPs gimped etc..

84 ROPS
5GB + 1GB
2816 CUDA Cores

????????????

Last edited:
Man of Honour
+1

'The Titan X price' :p

Thinking about it, if this has a cluster disabled it means it will have less ROPs as well?

Like the 970, unless they have worked some wizardry with this card. I'm sure we'll find out a few months down the line if it's Vram / ROPs gimped etc..

I am very sure this new card will work properly in all respects and will not have any of the 970 problems.

I also think the 980ti could be a lot of fun for people who want to overclock or bench and Gibbo is going to sell a lot.:)

Soldato
OP
I am very sure this new card will work properly in all respects and will not have any of the 970 problems.

I also think the 980ti could be a lot of fun for people who want to overclock or bench and Gibbo is going to sell a lot.:)

Agreed, it will sell a lot. I don't think that many Titan X owners will downgrade to it though like that guy was suggesting. That type of buyer wants more performance / features not less.

I think new AMD GPU if it outperforms the Titan X could see people moving from Titan X, me included.

Kaap is ordering 4 I take it.

4 or every GPU ever made.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like this won't be the last GM200 card.

Expect another in 6 months time with a core spec the same as the TitanX.

NVidia have almost told us what the performance of the flagship AMD Fiji card will be as well as they don't see the need to launch a full fat GM200 card at the moment.

The Titan X is the full fat GM200 dude, There are no more SMX modules left to enable so they would have to come out with a new chip i.e GM210 etc...

From PCPER, There are a lot more stating the exact same thing but I don't want to flood the page :p

The Titan X's GM200 is built on 24 SMX modules and this is the full GPU implementation so you should not expect another variant to show up down the road with anything higher than 3072 CUDA cores

Last edited:
Caporegime
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti specifications

From what I’ve been told, GeForce GTX 980 Ti should not be as fast as TITAN-X. It is very close though (the difference is likely related to cut-down chip. I asked Jensen if I’m right, and here is his response:

Jensen: As far as I know something was disabled, but our engineers are still figuring out what exactly.

lol

Man of Honour
The Titan X is the full fat GM200 dude, There are no more SMX modules left to enable so they would have to come out with a new chip i.e GM210 etc...

6 months down the road I think we will see another 6gb GM200 card with everything enabled (the same as the TX).

I suspect that NVidia already know the performance of the new Fiji cards and will position the 980ti against it either on price or performance.

This does not mean the Fiji cards will be faster or slower than the 980ti. What we do know is what specs NV are going with for the 980ti and we can draw our own conclusions.

Soldato
6 months down the road I think we will see another 6gb GM200 card with everything enabled (the same as the TX).

I suspect that NVidia already know the performance of the new Fiji cards and will position the 980ti against it either on price or performance.

This does not mean the Fiji cards will be faster or slower than the 980ti. What we do know is what specs NV are going with for the 980ti and we can draw our own conclusions.

Ahh I see, this could well be the 980 Ti Metal which has been rumoured, Full GM200 like the TX but with half the memory.

Soldato
My current board in sig has only a one slot gap between the gpu's. The top card gets as high as 85c despite a pretty aggressive fan profile. This leads to a lot of heat in the case due to the design of the wf cooler. Knock on effect is a rise in cpu temps. I've found that if I limit fps in games to 60, it leads to not just lower gpu temps but also a 10c drop in cpu temps. 75 - 65c.

Yeah back a few year ago I remember we had near identical setups, the WF 670 SLI and they made me pack my case with fans to cool them.

Ill be going Ref I think as well to watercool later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom