O11 Dynamic XL On Steroids

Associate
OP
A bit of a late reply on this, but I'm now in the process of building my MO-RA 420. I'm now in a similar position to yourself regarding power, as I'm going to be running two D5 pumps & a Splitty 9 active, so will need 3 sata power. I don't suppose you could tell me what 3 sata to molex you used to power it all? I'm hearing horror stories of them potentially catching fire, so thought I'd ask you as I know you've done it this way. Build looks awesome btw - hope it's all running well!

Having run this for a year now, I have noticed an issue running the whole lot of 1 molex cable. It hasnt catched on fire, but the D5 pump on the MO-RA is not longer working. Im not sure if thats due to a faulty pump, or too much power going through 1 molex. Either way, I plan to run a second cable to power the pump independently. 1 Molex is running the 16 fans fine however.

Associate
OP
Mole should be more than enough to run 16fans and a pump. I am afraid your pump died
I’ll be taking a good look at it soon. My 16 fans are the phantek T30s which do require more watts than normal fans, but it could be the extension cable being faulty. I’ll get another and try get 16 AWG wire

Soldato
Really enjoyed following your progress and seriously envious of your study.

I've been trying to push and finish my own (the last room to do since we moved in two years ago) - it'll be a study that doubles up as a den/quiet space (I and my 12 year old son are Autistic, so having somewhere to escape a busy, noisy house will be massively helpful).

Associate
OP
Mole should be more than enough to run 16fans and a pump. I am afraid your pump died
It was the pump. The rotsting part was faulty and was leaking black liquid on the ceramic ball head. Luckily i had a spare Aqua computer one which I cant use as it only works with an Aquaero so put the spinning part in which has solved the problem.

Associate
OP
would it be a big problem to just add an external power supply?
Yes as it would then require 2 sources to turn that and the computer on. Plus is in a position thats not easy to get to. Its solved now and works fine again now that I have replaced part of the pump which was faulty.

Back
Top Bottom