VKGcZbCl.jpg

BklNItAl.jpg

Parts needed to connect the side rad to the Distroplate

eDQWOeCl.jpg

oHgJ73Fl.jpg

m6DKJvbl.jpg

Tubing complete

o2qTj5Ml.jpg

Leak testing for a few hours since I have to go out anyway.

MHh15TIl.jpg

Still have cabling to do in the back, but tomorrow I'll be able to fire the system up for the first time in what seems like forever. Fingers crossed no 00 code lol

Last edited:
Associate
OP
All good and working fine. Spent today trying to bleed the system, but gave up and added an extra 2 pumps on to get it done in an hour. this method will make the final Mystic fog edition quick too. Still waiting for a replacement USB cable for the AC Next flow. I'll his thing needs 2.5post a next update when its in the new office.

This thing needs 2.5 litres of water and the Mo Ra 3 needs about 1.5 litres. so 4 litres in total!

88bmnG2h.jpg

Addition of a dual pump to help get bleeding done faster.

OeEj4rmh.jpg

Took an hour to get rid of the air bubbles

bEiyHRrh.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Wasn't too happy with the Delidded temps not sure if it was from the water heating up while bleeding it without fans on, but decided to Lap the Supercool Direct die to get a tighter connection with the CPU.
Just bled the system again so waiting for the water to cool down before testing if it made any difference.

6AoelCol.jpg

mLgtNUyl.jpg

NU2lTvol.jpg

cfsBGftl.jpg

nsjgAjGl.jpg

Associate
OP
Looking great mate, makes me wish I'd gone with frost tubing now. Though can always do this in the future when I upgrade the cpu.
im hoping it will emphasise the Mystic Fog ill be putting in it once ive made sure its complete. The other reason I got it was PMMA doesn't scratch like PETG does. Just moving the fittings along the tube scratches them really bad. PMMA is quite scratch proof, although needs a hacksaw to cut.

Soldato
im hoping it will emphasise the Mystic Fog ill be putting in it once ive made sure its complete. The other reason I got it was PMMA doesn't scratch like PETG does. Just moving the fittings along the tube scratches them really bad. PMMA is quite scratch proof, although needs a hacksaw to cut.

Yeah, I watched the Jayztwocents video about PMMA and if I hadn't had PETG on hand I'd have gone that way as well. Hope you used a Primochil RFB on those tubes, that thing is a damn god send.

Soldato
Looking great mate, makes me wish I'd gone with frost tubing now. Though can always do this in the future when I upgrade the cpu.
It's like you could see that the future held tube replacement in store!

Just caught up - missed a bunch of notifications for this and other builds. Looking good OC!

Associate
OP
Finally complete, set a profile of 8200 CL36 (could do higher but get retraining issues) 61x2 60x4 59x6 58x8 / E core 46 Ring 51. Should be good for 24/7 stable throughout the summer.

Will move it to the office, which is 90% complete tomorrow. Will post a pic once it's in. Cablemod angle adapter should arrive tomorrow to tidy the GPU cable up a bit too.

2RbBSmLh.jpg

mswc2leh.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
That looks so good mate, I'd love to do something with an external rad like this but don't have the space and no idea how I'd plumb it up with my setup.

Associate
OP
That looks so good mate, I'd love to do something with an external rad like this but don't have the space and no idea how I'd plumb it up with my setup.
loads of help from guys in here. It would have looked a lot worse without their feedback and advice!

Soldato
You should mate, give in to the power of the dark side lol
And the rad external with QDC's is definitely the way to go if you ever want to lift the thing! I loved the challenge of side-mounting mine but it's a real effort to get it on top of a desk for any work!
I'd also recommend going with the 9x120mm (IIRC) fans rather than the 4x200mm fans. Although you don't have as many fans to buy, There isn't as good a selection and they don't seem as good as I'd hoped at blowing through a rad. It works very nicely and it is quiet...but I suspect my son's rig with a pair of 360’s is probably (thermally) as capable.

Associate
OP
Does the distro plate add a lot of complexity? Assuming it is the pump and reservoir too?
Assuming you buy the new EK Matrix 7 Distro and All EK parts i.e. fittings, radiators, GPU / CPU block, it should be fairly simple. Buy anything other than EK and you're in for a headache.

Back
Top Bottom