OcUK Customer Support for Loyal OcUK Forum Members

Associate
What happened to the sub forum where you could talk to a member if staff? I thought it was really good fast response and very useful.
Seems like you get pushed to the webticket option and provide a forum username.

That used to be great, it encourages you to use the forum and engage a little, and sometimes you got a response back in just a few minutes.

I had a running ‘joke’ with one of the support members to send me a free mug if I had a compliant. No complaints, so no free mug. Not sure if I’m happy for sad about that :cry:

Associate
Anyone know why I've gotten free shipping on some fans I ordered but a case is asking for £7.99? has Free shipping changed for larger items etc.?

Commissario
Anyone know why I've gotten free shipping on some fans I ordered but a case is asking for £7.99? has Free shipping changed for larger items etc.?
It should still apply.

IIRC I noticed the other week I had to manually select it, but what case is it?
[edit]try adding something else to the basket and then remove it?
I think there may be a bug as it just did the same for me, then I added another item and it offered it, and then it was still offering it after I cleared my basket and started fresh with the same original item.

Last edited:
Soldato
I raised a ticket a few weeks ago, 24th September - despite my forum account being linked, I'm no longer seeing the free next day delivery option (yes, basket total was over the minimum amount). Gave it three days with no response, and chased it up but haven't heard anything since.
@Doric any chance you could chase this up too? It's not urgent, I ended up going elsewhere for what I needed, but I would like to get it sorted for the next time I order - ticket #872272

OcUK Staff
OP
I raised a ticket a few weeks ago, 24th September - despite my forum account being linked, I'm no longer seeing the free next day delivery option (yes, basket total was over the minimum amount). Gave it three days with no response, and chased it up but haven't heard anything since.
@Doric any chance you could chase this up too? It's not urgent, I ended up going elsewhere for what I needed, but I would like to get it sorted for the next time I order - ticket #872272

Looking into this now and will drop you a DM once I know more

Soldato
I purchased a monitor and clicked the 2 year insurance option but I wasn't redirected to the insurance company, not sure if I read that's what would happen or if I'm imagining it :D or will I receive am email from the insurers at some point?

OcUK Staff
OP
I purchased a monitor and clicked the 2 year insurance option but I wasn't redirected to the insurance company, not sure if I read that's what would happen or if I'm imagining it :D or will I receive am email from the insurers at some point?

We're investigating this at the moment as we've had similar reports. In the mean time, please DM me your order number and email address used to place the order.

Permabanned
I submitted a couple of tickets in regards to my OCUK Account having a Forum Account linked to it but being unable to log into my Forum Account. I used the web-ticket system twice but on both occasions I had no specific response and got an email a few weeks later saying the issued had been resolved (when it hasnt) Ticket Numbers were (751815 and 743148)

I created this very similarly named account on here to see if it can be resolved. I am looking to upgrade my aging PC and having Free Shipping will help keep the costs down.

Last edited:
Commissario
Hi re forum account if you've lost access for post in forum content discussion with the account username etc and we'll have a look to see if we can reactivate it (store staff don't generally have access to the forum side of things).

It's worth noting that creating a store account doesn't automatically create a forum one, nor does creating a forum account create a store one (both systems are separate apart from the check the store can do on your forum account).

Permabanned
Hi re forum account if you've lost access for post in forum content discussion with the account username etc and we'll have a look to see if we can reactivate it (store staff don't generally have access to the forum side of things).

It's worth noting that creating a store account doesn't automatically create a forum one, nor does creating a forum account create a store one (both systems are separate apart from the check the store can do on your forum account).
Thanks for the prompt response Werewolf.

I had a store account and a forum account and they were linked (even now my store account says a forum account is linked to it) however when i tried to recover the forum account it didnt recognise the email address it would have used.

To be fair it hasnt been active since 2017-2018 when i last upgraded and i think the forum went through a major upgrade during intermeaning time so wouldnt be surprised that is where the problem stems from.

Looking to upgrade again so would like to retain my free shipping rights.

Does the fact i have a linked account make me qualify for free shipping, if it does im hapoy to leave as is

Last edited:
Commissario
Thanks for the prompt response Werewolf.

I had a store account and a forum account and they were linked (even now my store account says a forum account is linked to it) however when i tried to recover the forum account it didnt recognise the email address it would have used.

To be fair it hasnt been active since 2017-2018 when i last upgraded and i think the forum went through a major upgrade during intermeaning time so wouldnt be surprised that is where the problem stems from.

Looking to upgrade again so would like to retain my free shipping rights.

Does the fact i have a linked account make me qualify for free shipping, if it does im hapoy to leave as is
It won’t have been lost, if you start a thread in Forum Content Discussion then we can help you get access again to the original account

Commissario
Post 15 times in a rolling 90 day period anywhere but GD and SC, and the forum fairies (we tried daemons, but they kept overheating the cpu) will enable it again within about an hour of the 15th post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom