*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Meta's plan is to directly incorporate your PC library into the native Quest library somehow, so you can launch PC games directly from the Quest. I imagine there will still be a basic desktop client though.

Soldato
About H.265. How are you switching to H.265?

Have you got the latest drivers from AMD? The ones with the VR Fix?

Have you changed any settings in the Oculus Debug tool?

Yep latest drivers.

I can switch to h.265 in the debug tool. Immediately unplayable as soon as oculus link starts up.

At the moment I've gone back to basics on settings, trying to eliminate things from.beimg the issue. So most things are disabled or default.

Associate
With the recent spate of fires with unregulated lithium batteries in e-scooters, the thought crossed my mind that with the Quest we have one and maybe two batteries in the headset on our heads, though I have never read of any accidents with the Quest in this way.

Last edited:
Associate
With the recent spate of fires with unregulated lithium batteries in e-scooters, the thought crossed my mind that with the Quest we have one and maybe two batteries in the headset on our heads, though I have never read of any accidents with the Quest in this way.
i've not read about anyone actually being burnt by their quest but have read about quest charging ports getting really hot when on charge causing them to melt.

Last edited:
Underboss

They'll be fine

There's a video that one got water-cooled

Also look at phones and tablets and Sony psp and Nintendo switch and the steam deck, no problems with these

Battery's in EVs are completely different

Soldato
Anybody having any casting issues? Has worked very well casting to my Sony Android TV for a couple of years but is no longer working. Cannot Cast to the Quest ipad app either, the devices find each other but then a never ending spinning wheel. No network changes. Quest has f/w updated since I last tried using this…

Soldato

It could add to the immersion.

Associate
Since we are getting nearer the Quest 3 launch date, I did a quick web search about pancake lenses and came up with this,

Click on more to reveal the whole article, a very quick read through seems to indicate that the writer of article feels that pancake lenses are not all they are made out to be.

Soldato
Since we are getting nearer the Quest 3 launch date, I did a quick web search about pancake lenses and came up with this,

Click on more to reveal the whole article, a very quick read through seems to indicate that the writer of article feels that pancake lenses are not all they are made out to be.

Read his post and laughed. It's not an article, it's post by a reddit user. I have serious doubts that he has even tried a Quest pro based on some of things he says in later posts in that discussion. Most of the things he says are not true at all.

Plus the OP is an out and out Reverb G2 fanboy. Just ignore his post.

Ask some of the guys here with a Pico 4 or Quest Pro about Pancake lenses. You will get a much more honest answer.

Soldato
Read his post and laughed. It's not an article, it's post by a reddit user. I have serious doubts that he has even tried a Quest pro based on some of things he says in later posts in that discussion. Most of the things he says are not true at all.

Plus the OP is an out and out Reverb G2 fanboy. Just ignore his post.

Ask some of the guys here with a Pico 4 or Quest Pro about Pancake lenses. You will get a much more honest answer.

I just retired a £1000 Valve Index system as I'd not touched it since I got a Quest Pro, and a lot of that was due to the clarity of the Pro's pancake lenses - and the Index lenses are pretty clear, except for horrendous glare.

Every time I go back to the Quest 2 I can't believe how blurry it is by comparison.

Underboss
I just retired a £1000 Valve Index system as I'd not touched it since I got a Quest Pro, and a lot of that was due to the clarity of the Pro's pancake lenses - and the Index lenses are pretty clear, except for horrendous glare.

Every time I go back to the Quest 2 I can't believe how blurry it is by comparison.

will be interesting if you pick up a Q3 and find that blurry too :D

Associate
Interesting video, seems like some good stuff ahead in VR, looking forward to trying the nearer dashboard view in v57 as the old eyesight isn't great.

Seems the controllers software are getting an update as well, Looks like the new Quest 3 controllers won't have the rings like the Quest 2, probably better that way, but I will miss the rings as at the moment I can carry the whole shebang Quest 2 and both controllers in one hand.

Soldato
I've got index style grips on my Pro controllers which give convenient handles to carry them with. No doubt these will be available for the new controllers.

Soldato
Hi quest 2 owners.

How can you start stop recording in the headset whilst within pcvr link?

I can start recording, enter link, exit link then stop recording and it works fine, capturing the link footage. I can't figure out how to start stop recording from within link.

Soldato
Hi quest 2 owners.

How can you start stop recording in the headset whilst within pcvr link?

I can start recording, enter link, exit link then stop recording and it works fine, capturing the link footage. I can't figure out how to start stop recording from within link.

I think you may be able to press the oculus button and a long press of the index trigger on the right controller to start recording.

Back
Top Bottom