*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
I know that you've tried 3 networks, but you you might be able to create a wifi network hotspot with your phone, and as your phone is already connected to the headset via blutooth, the headset may connect more readily. Failing that you may have to contact meta support.
I’ve tried contacting meta support and they did some very basic troubleshooting then said as it’s out of warranty they can’t do anything more.

I’ve already tried using my phone as a normal hotspot with no luck, are you meaning something else?

Soldato
I’ve tried contacting meta support and they did some very basic troubleshooting then said as it’s out of warranty they can’t do anything more.

I’ve already tried using my phone as a normal hotspot with no luck, are you meaning something else?

No, it sounds like you've tried most of the options, but this guide should help. No sidequest or developer mode required, just a PC.

Last edited:
Associate
No, it sounds like you've tried most of the options, but this guide should help. No sidequest or developer mode required, just a PC.

It worked, I've managed to update and got it working again, Thanks.

Maybe time to sell this and move onto the Quest 3

Last edited:
Soldato
It worked, I've managed to update and got it working again, Thanks.

Maybe time to sell this and move onto the Quest 3

Nice work mate, glad you're up an running again.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Associate
Since I've moved the gaming room to another room in the house, I'd thought I'd celebrate with my first bit of VR gaming for months.
Finally finished Vader Immortal pt1 (short isn't it?) and some Pavlov/Contractors.

I enjoy the shooting games but I'm cross-dominant so I'm forcing myself to be right handed which feels so awkward. My hands are fine it's just I keep looking through the wrong eye :p

Last edited:
Associate
Just switched my quest 2 on after not using it for a few weeks and found the screen completely dark - I could hear the lobby music playing and the controllers were clearly working but I couldn't see anything (the screens were lit but not displaying anything, rather than off). I've just read about the "black screen of death" and followed all the steps to try and fix it but to no avail... looks like I'm screwed. What's weird is that I can see the boot menu on the screen and the various logos when I do a factory reset and hard reboot but it refuses to display anything else.

Soldato
Just switched my quest 2 on after not using it for a few weeks and found the screen completely dark - I could hear the lobby music playing and the controllers were clearly working but I couldn't see anything (the screens were lit but not displaying anything, rather than off). I've just read about the "black screen of death" and followed all the steps to try and fix it but to no avail... looks like I'm screwed. What's weird is that I can see the boot menu on the screen and the various logos when I do a factory reset and hard reboot but it refuses to display anything else.
Assume you've done a factory reset?

Associate
Sorry bud, but it sounds like it's a deceased parrot. When did you get it, is it still in warranty?
It's outside the warranty period sadly. It's just weird that I can still see the boot menu, the startup logo and the spinning logo on a hard reboot but then the lobby is dark - seems more like a software bug than hardware failure so it feels wrong that it's essentially just landfill now! I've emailed meta support but I'm not expecting much... Other people with the same problem have been given short shrift.

Thanks for your advice though, much appreciated.

Soldato
It's outside the warranty period sadly. It's just weird that I can still see the boot menu, the startup logo and the spinning logo on a hard reboot but then the lobby is dark - seems more like a software bug than hardware failure so it feels wrong that it's essentially just landfill now! I've emailed meta support but I'm not expecting much... Other people with the same problem have been given short shrift.

Thanks for your advice though, much appreciated.

Don't give up hope.... while meta support can be a bit patchy, they sent me a replacement Oculus Rift cable for a headset that I bought six years ago.
I just explained to them that I didn't want to put several hundred pounds worth of headset and accessories into landfill.

Soldato
It sounds like the facial proximity sensor is on the blink or the connections to it. It may be quite easy to short the sensor out so that it thinks there's always a head in the headset.

Back
Top Bottom