*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
My elite strap broke today, and I'm sort of glad because it was crap.

What's the go-to aftermarket strap these days? Anything that helps counterweight it a bit would be ideal, because strapping a weight to the back of my elite strap made a huge difference to the comfort of the headset, but I'd rather not have something stupid like a zip tied mass hanging off the back precariously.

Underboss

What's the go-to aftermarket strap these days? Anything that helps counterweight it a bit would be ideal, because strapping a weight to the back of my elite strap made a huge difference to the comfort of the headset, but I'd rather not have something stupid like a zip tied mass hanging off the back precariously.

maybe look at the kiwi design
currently £10 off

Caporegime

BobVR M2 Pro

Soldato
I'll have a gander,

Sorry to say that ganders don't make good aftermarket straps. Yes, they are very comfortable but poor ventilation means they are way too hot even after only a short time playing. Also It's extremely hard to connect one to the Quest 2. Major design flaw IMO. And despite the very enticing marketing blurb, getting pecked in the head by angry goose does not actually add to the VR experience. Disappointed that they lied about that.

Also their RMA service is terrible, I didn't bother returning mine just converted it into a pillow and some soup.

However YMMV.

:p

Associate
Can anyone help me on this:
I reset my Oculus Quest 2 and I'm getting a limited internet connection error. I can't complete set up as it want's to download an update. My wifi is excellent and I've tried 3 other networks but I'm getting the same issue with the Quest saying limited connection. So I'm now stuck at downloading update page during set up and can't proceed further. Any advice appreciated.

Last edited:
Associate
I reset my Oculus Quest 2 and I'm getting a limited internet connection error. I can't complete set up as it want's to download an update. My wifi is excellent and I've tried 3 other networks but I'm getting the same issue with the Quest saying limited connection. So I'm now stuck at downloading update page during set up and can't proceed further. Any advice appreciated.
There are other ways to update that you could try:

Soldato

I know that you've tried 3 networks, but you you might be able to create a wifi network hotspot with your phone, and as your phone is already connected to the headset via blutooth, the headset may connect more readily. Failing that you may have to contact meta support.

Associate
Thanks for this. But might not suit me as this requires develop mode, which I don't have and can't do until I get past this stage.
Ah, good point. Have you tried connecting it to oculus app on pc via usb, to see if there’s any options to recover the headset on there?

Underboss

id contact meta support to get the ball rolling

Also, why dont you try a wired connection ?

you could try a USB-C to ethernet dongle if connecting to the PC wont work

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom