Office Chair vs. Gaming Chair

Lii

Lii

Associate
I really need to go back to a decent office chair as i find my current gaming chair so uncomfortable and not a patch on a decent office chair.

Associate
Anyone find the HM Embody pushes their shoulders too far forward? Overall I find the chair really comfortable and am reluctant to send it back... but even with the tension low it feels like it's rounding my shoulders too much which probably isn't good long term

Associate
Would really recommend anyone who games + works from home look into getting the Herman Miller Aeron Chair. It is very expensive at around ~£1000 however given the fact that I sit in the chair at least 3 hours a day and my back pains went away felt it was a worthy investment.

Soldato
Would really recommend anyone who games + works from home look into getting the Herman Miller Aeron Chair. It is very expensive at around ~£1000 however given the fact that I sit in the chair at least 3 hours a day and my back pains went away felt it was a worthy investment.

And take a look at their eBay outlet shop if you want to get them cheaper.

Lii

Lii

Associate
Is it possible to find a comfy office chair for around £80? My chair is knackered and i'm not a fan of gaming chairs anymore.

Soldato
Is it possible to find a comfy office chair for around £80? My chair is knackered and i'm not a fan of gaming chairs anymore.
Look at the used market. I got my chair from a company that sells used office equipment. Admittedly it was about £200 but retail for over £700 new. The build quality difference is night and day.

Soldato

No, not unless you go second hand.

If you can stretch your budget and get an IKEA Markus that’s the best entry level office chair for under £400

*edit*

I just looked it up, damn the price has shot up since I last looked at them.

Last edited:
Soldato

I bought an extremely comfortable executive office chair on Gumtree for £20.

You just need a bit of patience and keep checking Gumtree, fbook market place, and Freecycle until you find one.

Reactions: Lii
Soldato
My old gaming chair gave me terrible pains in the backs of my legs and buttock region haha. I bought the Herman Miller Mirra 2 at the start of this year and had zero issues. Pains have gone as well and I can sit in it 8 hours without any problems. Best £800 I've spent for the amount of use the chair gets. The mesh does mean it gets dusty underneath very quickly from clothing etc. So it does require more cleaning. But it is my first mesh chair and it is amazing. Another vote here for buying a proper office chair.

Associate
Another vote for the Herman Miller Aeron Chair. Being a big guy I use to go through the cheaper Viking etc chairs on a regular basis. Spending approx £350 on a used Herman Miller was a great investment. Never once regretted it.

Soldato
Just got my Leap v2 re-upholstered for £100. Boring black office cloth begone! Also got replacement arm rest pads off eBay as the originals had gone a bit yucky. Would look like a new chair if it weren’t for the chrome bits but tbh I don’t care, it was much cheaper to restore it than pay for a new HM or Steelcase model in the new working from home age.

Associate
I'm in the market for another refurb. I did have a Steelcase Please V2 for years which was quite good. I have been looking at the Steelcase Think and the Orangebox Do. Has any one any feedback on the former? I have a budget of £250 and would prefer a mesh back.

Associate
Still on a quest to find me a chair, current speaking to someone regarding a Mirra1 for a very good price only a stones throw away and also looking at the Neue chairs but only available via secret labs in the UK but they are an office chair not a gaming chair.

Anybody got experience with Neue?

Associate
Still on a quest to find me a chair, current speaking to someone regarding a Mirra1 for a very good price only a stones throw away and also looking at the Neue chairs but only available via secret labs in the UK but they are an office chair not a gaming chair.

Anybody got experience with Neue?

A mate of mine has the Neue and likes it. As far as I can recall the only complaint he had was a tiny bit of wobble where the seat meets the gas cylinder but it's otherwise been rock solid. He's just done 24 hours of Destiny 2 over the weekend without discomfort too.

Associate
A mate of mine has the Neue and likes it. As far as I can recall the only complaint he had was a tiny bit of wobble where the seat meets the gas cylinder but it's otherwise been rock solid. He's just done 24 hours of Destiny 2 over the weekend without discomfort too.

I have ended up with a fully loaded Mirra 1 for just over a ton so I am happy with this for the time being, big difference coming from the Markus.

Associate
I have ended up with a fully loaded Mirra 1 for just over a ton so I am happy with this for the time being, big difference coming from the Markus.

Absolute bargain, that. Enjoy!

I went from a Markus to a gaming Embody and it was quite the upgrade.

Last edited:
Soldato
been quietly watching this thread for way too long.

Getting very close to making my first venture into a proper gaming chair (If i trust my cat enough not to assault it like a garden strimmer)

The Nobles and Thunders around the £200-250 are they worth taking a punt at or is the extra £50-100 more on something on the "next tier" if you will going to see me have a longer lasting, better unit?

Maybe a silly question but as I say I have either been a dining chair or cheap office chair guy before now so happy to told I am wrong and be pointed in the right direction :)

Units i have been looking at are the ThunderX3 TC5, Nitro Concepts E250 and S300 and the Aercool Crown Nobility as a starting point with budget in mind

Cheers

Ben

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom