Poll: Official 2024 Bahrain Grand Prix Thread - International Circuit, Sakhir - Round 1

Rate the Bahrain Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
If Max wasn't at Red Bull then likely Carlos would still be there and while he wouldn't win by 20+ seconds I think he'd still be 10+ ahead of Checo.
Also, Hamilton was close to finishing above perez overall last season....

If Max wasn't in f1, perez would struggle to win the title on his own with that car. That shows how crap he is if I'm honest

Soldato
I think the problem now is that with such a long season and so many races, it really does not matter if Max has a few DNFs. We just cannot get excited about any kind of title fight because with the speed he has, it's only a matter of time in any race, where he will come through on raw pace. The package will just not be beatable for the majority of races.
When Perez cruises home in second despite having to battle and follow, you know it's game over.

Man of Honour
I haven't watched a full F1 race in probably ten years now. I still keep track of what's going on, but from the highlights and clips I occasionally watch, I am really not missing much in terms of racing.

Associate
Voted 4 very boring and Perez is a terrible driver. RB will be happy for him to keep finishing on the podium, the team is happy to have a second driver who knows he isn’t expected to challenge for the title.

The day Max leaves or the team struggles, that’s when Perez will be replaced

Soldato
Pretty dull. Did we even get a yellow flag?
It looks like Red Bull will dominate again this year, but the battle for 2nd should be good hopefully. Ferrari, Merc, and Mclaren look pretty close at the moment.

Caporegime
Pundits and people say the RB is great on it's tyres, but I always wonder if that really is the case seen as it's likely it just seems that way as Max doesn't have to push at all. Like last year he is clearly just coasting out there in front. It seems likely he had a fair amount of extra pace if he needed it.

Associate
Pundits and people say the RB is great on it's tyres, but I always wonder if that really is the case seen as it's likely it just seems that way as Max doesn't have to push at all. Like last year he is clearly just coasting out there in front. It seems likely he had a fair amount of extra pace if he needed it.
They definitely manage their tyres better than most teams. When Ferrari were competitive, RBR could do multiple laps behind them and the Ferrari would still fall off first.

Obviously running in clean air and not pushing, plus driver talent means you can gain a tyre advantage. Seen it before when other teams were running away first 1st.

Soldato
Today was a snoozefest.... The only interest came from positions 2-8... even Nando had a poor day... Perez finishes so far behind it reinforces the need for a replacement but Danny Ricc was pretty average too...

Well earned DOTD for the Smooth Operator

I don't think it'll be Danny, I reckon the smooth operator will be in with a shout.

Soldato
Because he's frustrated. Because Racing Bulls pulled a male-cow-leavings driver swap on him; and then let DR keep it despite the fact he couldn't pass KMag either.
To be fair, DR would have likely got past KMag if Tsunoda had made the switch when instructed.

As it happens he chose to do it an a bit of a daft place and also delayed to the point that Max was coming through so DR lost a fair chunk of time to blue flags too. He reeled KMag in but he lost crucial time because of Tsunodas messing about.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah Tsunoda wasted so much time letting Ricciardo past that he ruined his chance to pass Kmag and maybe get after Zhou.

It may not have been for points but these finishing positions are important later in the year if there's a tie in the standings

Soldato
I’m not really sure where this faith for modern day Ricciardo comes from. If he was that much faster on those tyres, he could have breezed past Tsunoda whether he helped or not. I put modern-day Ricciardo on the same level as Perez. :D

Soldato
I’m not really sure where this faith for modern day Ricciardo comes from. If he was that much faster on those tyres, he could have breezed past Tsunoda whether he helped or not. I put modern-day Ricciardo on the same level as Perez. :D

Yeah, cos it is so easy to overtake in DRS train. Why make it more difficult for your driver when the team mate could just move over. Though it's weird they didn't ask him to give Yuki his place back before finishing line.

Soldato
The point is, he wouldn’t have been able to overtake. He’d still have the same problem, and then you’ve still shuffled your drivers round for nothing. He didn’t seem hugely fast, I’m highly doubtful that Yuki moving over to let him pass would have turned him in to a great driver that could have made the move.

Soldato
The point is, he wouldn’t have been able to overtake. He’d still have the same problem, and then you’ve still shuffled your drivers round for nothing. He didn’t seem hugely fast, I’m highly doubtful that Yuki moving over to let him pass would have turned him in to a great driver that could have made the move.

We'll never know for sure but Yuki on old hards was even less likely to make that move. May as well give the driver on a fresher and better tire a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom