Poll: Official 2024 Bahrain Grand Prix Thread - International Circuit, Sakhir - Round 1

Rate the Bahrain Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
F1 had been growing in audience. I wonder if that will start to wane now.

Not sure how they gauge it.

I mean F1 peaked in 2021/22. 2021 was full of drama, then 2022 the max fans got to see him dominate the championship. After a while even diehard fans of a driver get bored of the same old result. At least in many of the other dominant eras there was some form of competition from teammates or other teams. The American audience in particular will quickly lose interest as if it stands right now.

Soldato
Yep F1 peaked in 21 season, personally I don’t think I fully appreciated it when it was happening. The way it ended, for me, was gutting, which I think further illustrates just how good a season it was.

Anyone remember how far ahead Merc were prior to 21 season? Clutching at straws for next season!

Last edited:
Soldato
I mean F1 peaked in 2021/22. 2021 was full of drama, then 2022 the max fans got to see him dominate the championship. After a while even diehard fans of a driver get bored of the same old result. At least in many of the other dominant eras there was some form of competition from teammates or other teams. The American audience in particular will quickly lose interest as if it stands right now.
Why did they change the reg when we had two different cars competing?

Now it's like the Scottish/German football league of f1

Soldato
Yep F1 peaked in 21 season, personally I don’t think I fully appreciated it when it was happening. The way it ended, for me, was gutting, which I think further illustrates just how good a season it was.

Anyone remember how far ahead Merc were prior to 21 season? Clutching at straws for next season!
They wasn't that far ahead. Vettel in a Ferrari came close to beating Hamilton and Hamilton own team mate rosberg beat Hamilton...

Botas wasn't that bad either and secured second place more comfortable than perez has done.

Soldato
Why did they change the reg when we had two different cars competing?

Now it's like the Scottish/German football league of f1

Because F1 is (supposedly) the pinnacle of the motorsport and you can't just stand still. Lot of manufacturers come and go into the sport when they can see the investment in F1 can help them in their day to day business. That's why we have Ford, Audi coming in and Porsche was interested as well.

Associate

Its typical F1 changing the regs just as it was getting interesting.

If they had stayed on the same regs 2022 would have been awesome. Merc and Redbull were basically neck and neck, Ferrari had a good car but rubbish engine but that was sorted in 2022 so we basically could have had a three way fight. McLaren and Aston were getting there too and sacrificed development that year due to the new regs. Its such a shame when you look back. Imagine a five way battle between Max/Lewis/George/Charles and Carlos.

Caporegime
Because F1 is (supposedly) the pinnacle of the motorsport and you can't just stand still. Lot of manufacturers come and go into the sport when they can see the investment in F1 can help them in their day to day business. That's why we have Ford, Audi coming in and Porsche was interested as well.

Why do they ban testing then. If they brought back testing people would be able to catch back up.

Caporegime
They wasn't that far ahead. Vettel in a Ferrari came close to beating Hamilton and Hamilton own team mate rosberg beat Hamilton...

Botas wasn't that bad either and secured second place more comfortable than perez has done.

Yeh, RBs dominance is getting worse than the Hamilton era. It's made worse that Max's teammate is completely incapable of challenging him in qualifying or the race. He's miles off frankly, and I really hope they replace him in 25.

They don't even seem to have a weak circuit or any weakness to certain conditions either.

Caporegime
Perez isn't good enough

Nearly half a second a lap off the pace of his teammate and the worst deficit by far of all the other pairings.

I guess it's is possible that Max is simply that good, but I'd be pretty surprised if Lewis, Alonso, Leclerc, Russell or Lando wouldn't be giving him a run for his money in that Red Bull if they were his teammate.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was fine with the Hamilton rosberg stuff when it was good. No issue with 1 team being up in front if there's a fight.

Right now you knew the WDC before the season started. It's grim.
Its sad that if you took max out the WDC and WCC would be insane.

Really. It shouldn't matter. You could (I try) to mentally ignore max and treat 2nd as WDC.
But it's tough to totally ignore 1st.

Wonder what max feels like cruising to wins over and over.

Soldato
Pundits and people say the RB is great on it's tyres, but I always wonder if that really is the case seen as it's likely it just seems that way as Max doesn't have to push at all. Like last year he is clearly just coasting out there in front. It seems likely he had a fair amount of extra pace if he needed it.
I think it's hard to tell because Max gets to the front and can then pace himself. Doesn't have to ruin them fighting people, diving in dirty air etc. Just gets to the 20 second pit stop gap and then sits there.

Now they've got a decent engine they are untouchable. But the whole car is just a beast.

Soldato
I was fine with the Hamilton rosberg stuff when it was good. No issue with 1 team being up in front if there's a fight.

Right now you knew the WDC before the season started. It's grim.
Its sad that if you took max out the WDC and WCC would be insane.

Really. It shouldn't matter. You could (I try) to mentally ignore max and treat 2nd as WDC.
But it's tough to totally ignore 1st.

Wonder what max feels like cruising to wins over and over.

Seems quite happy about it

Caporegime
Perez isn't good enough

Nearly half a second a lap off the pace of his teammate and the worst deficit by far of all the other pairings.

I guess it's is possible that Max is simply that good, but I'd be pretty surprised if Lewis, Alonso, Leclerc, Russell or Lando wouldn't be giving him a run for his money in that Red Bull if they were his teammate.

Button showed him up big time when he was a kid so it is of no surprise. Also when you are playing second fiddle to someone you are just collecting a paycheck so I would add that he isn't putting all the effort in.

If I was in his position I would rather be a number 1 in a midfield team then a second fiddle.

Soldato
Voted a 4 even though I couldnt be happier with another win. A 1,2 and fastest lap , could not ask for more.
Can see why some might not be happy with the state of F1 currently but , this happens from time to time when one team ace the regs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom