Poll: Official 2024 Bahrain Grand Prix Thread - International Circuit, Sakhir - Round 1

Rate the Bahrain Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Voted a 4 even though I couldnt be happier with another win. A 1,2 and fastest lap , could not ask for more.
Can see why some might not be happy with the state of F1 currently but , this happens from time to time when one team ace the regs
IIRC, you work for RedBull right, Engineering?

You must super proud (rightly so) of the work you and your team, have accomplished! :cool:

Soldato
Voted a 4 even though I couldnt be happier with another win. A 1,2 and fastest lap , could not ask for more.
Can see why some might not be happy with the state of F1 currently but , this happens from time to time when one team ace the regs
It has pretty much always been the way for as long as I remember, sometimes more than others. There has always been "the car" everyone is desperate to get into, a lot of the teams on the grid have had their dominant eras, some may have them again.

Associate

Nearly half a second a lap off the pace of his teammate and the worst deficit by far of all the other pairings.

I guess it's is possible that Max is simply that good, but I'd be pretty surprised if Lewis, Alonso, Leclerc, Russell or Lando wouldn't be giving him a run for his money in that Red Bull if they were his teammate.

Nearly all the best drivers in F1 had very good junior careers. Perez had a pretty average junior career. He finished 4th in F3 and 12th in his only full GP2 season.

He came into the sport as a pay driver. At no point in his career has he ever been highly rated as a future star. He was average at McLaren and was overhyped at Force India and Racing Point by casuals who aren't aware of just how big a variation in skill levels there is between drivers in F1 (due to motorsports tiny talent pool)

Last edited:
Soldato
It has pretty much always been the way for as long as I remember, sometimes more than others. There has always been "the car" everyone is desperate to get into, a lot of the teams on the grid have had their dominant eras, some may have them again.
The argument to have here is that the red bull dominance is higher than merc and even vettel/red bull dominance in the mid 2010’s

Soldato
Exactly this , everytime the regs refresh there is the opportunity for a shuffle of the deck.

Associate
The race was a bit meh. Leclerc with brake issues, Mercs with PU cooling issues and Ham's broken seat, I hope the next race is much closer but not holding my breath.

Commissario
two folk gave this race a 10 lol.
You know if you click on the vote count, you can see who voted?

DkrjY3v.png

Soldato
Yes you remember correctly , 16 years now. Scary how quickly time goes. Guess we do feel a bit proud when we see Max and Checo up at the front.
Putting my team bias aside for a minute, I’d be incredibly proud if I was part of producing something so dominant in its field.

Credit, where credit is due. :cool: On a personal level I’m chuffed my memory is still working well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom