Poll: Official 2024 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix Thread - Corniche Circuit, Jeddah - Round 2

Rate the Jeddah race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
2/10 once the safety car came in, went to my bed and just looked over to my monitor every now and again to see where the drivers were ;)

I don't know how they make the rules in such a way that we actually get a competitive grid from top to bottom without making it a spec series, but if they can't find a solution they probably need to take more extreme measures for a dominant team scenario.

Associate
Reckon bearman be one to watch for the future, not bad as a show in and 1 practice session and a qualifying.

Alonso probably over driving the Aston Martin, it's good to see tbh.

Do need the others to start stepping up though.

I preferred F1 when I was younger, late 90's early 00's, rules have got more complicated over the years and that's what's caused the recent issues of a single team being far out in front.

There has always been a team that's far out in front, but usually mostly it's been tough fight and there has usually been a couple of teams that are close. But since the V6 turbo era was Merc hands down, and now with sort of ground effect it's red bull.

McLaren looked like they might have brought a fight, but looks like over the winter they either forgot they needed to design a car or spent all their budget last year.

I'm probably talking poo ignore my ramblings

Soldato
The only competitive season I can remember in modern times was the one they utterly ballsed up and handed to Max. Sums up F1 really.

I don't see it improving unless they massively limit the aero regs, much smaller wings, no underfloor stuff, get rid of DRS. Basically create cars that can actually race instead of these hitech pieces of crap that can only operate in clean air and need overtake buttons to pass each other.

Associate
RBR have clearly made a massive step, which is impressive given that other teams should have had more room to improve.

Ferrari clear second. Bearman did a great job and made me dislike Stroll and Sargent event more.

Alonso still carrying AM on his own.

RIC not doing much. I think Lawson needs a shot if things don’t improve.

Lewis has checked out. Wouldn’t be surprised if Charles runs circles around him after the move.

Soldato
Afraid the cost cap has screwed anyone who are not fast out of the block, teams did warn the FIA

I think the percentages need to be revisited. Yes, the lower a team finishes in the WCC the more they can develop but it doesn’t seem enough for anyone to actually catch up.

Not that I’ve ever agreed with the cap, it’s just a longer term success ballast.

Soldato
Reckon bearman be one to watch for the future, not bad as a show in and 1 practice session and a qualifying.

Alonso probably over driving the Aston Martin, it's good to see tbh.

Do need the others to start stepping up though.

I preferred F1 when I was younger, late 90's early 00's, rules have got more complicated over the years and that's what's caused the recent issues of a single team being far out in front.

There has always been a team that's far out in front, but usually mostly it's been tough fight and there has usually been a couple of teams that are close. But since the V6 turbo era was Merc hands down, and now with sort of ground effect it's red bull.

McLaren looked like they might have brought a fight, but looks like over the winter they either forgot they needed to design a car or spent all their budget last year.

I'm probably talking poo ignore my ramblings
Dont forget red bull dominated for 4 years with vettel

Soldato
If Sainz is still recovering by the time of the Australian GP and Bearman again does well, what would that mean for Hamilton and 2025? And, for that matter, Sainz and the rest of this year?

Last edited:
Caporegime
The only competitive season I can remember in modern times was the one they utterly ballsed up and handed to Max. Sums up F1 really.

Yup. One of the best F1 seasons ever in terms.of the championship battle, and the race director breaks the rules and hands it to Max on a silver platter. Unbelievable how much they ****** up.

Caporegime
Standard F1 for the past few years

Max wins miles up the road
Hamilton ****** by a safety car
Stroll ***** up
Ricciardo continues to show he's massively washed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom