• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official Ivybridge Overclock Thread***

Associate
Some people have bought the 3770k for the hyper-threading, not just to get to 5ghz. If your not interested in the hyper-threading then you might as well get the 3570k

Soldato
I bought the 3770k because I was like well it may come in handy one day. Doesn't bother me that it won't be used right this second and if I had to I could find several uses for it.

Associate
I bought the 3770k because I was like well it may come in handy one day. Doesn't bother me that it won't be used right this second and if I had to I could find several uses for it.

Same, at the present, I wont be using the Hyper-threading but I probably will do one day so I bought it.

I doesn't bother me that Iv'e payed 50% more than people with the 3570k, I have the added feature when I get round to utilizing it.

Associate
Finally got round to putting my 3770k in.... Anyhow I discoverd that the cpu had marks on the IHS from what looks like a previous installation, the package itself though didnt look like it had been opened before.

I take it that this is from factory testing or something? Did anyone else see anything similar?

Soldato
O.k need a bit of advice....
Should be getting my Noctua tomorrow so want to get things straight, had a little play tonight with the stock cooler.

Firstly is it best to use Bios or Asus AI suite2?

Secondly is it best to overclock using BCLK or Multiplier or combination of both?

Thirdly I have 1600MHZ ram should I be aiming for an overclock which keeps the ram around these speeds?

Comming from an asus p6t and bio in the z77 are quite different.

Can anyone show there settings for reaching 4.5GHZ?

Soldato
You only have to tweak the multiplier and vcore and possibly llb for OC'ing now the BCLK doesn't get touched at all. You can make it so your RAM doesn't step up with the CPU increases in speed as well.

Associate
Well, as long as it works I guess theres no problem for me really. Does worry me a bit though.

Will have to see how it overclocks.

Associate
OP
Assuming that Asus AI Suite is the windows based application similar to my MSI control center. I would use the BIOS, only because almost all changes you make in windows still require a reboot so BIOS is quicker.

Only clock using the multiplier. You will also need to change the voltage slightly.
The RAM frequency will only change if you change the BCLK. Best to leave this really, and you won't get very far with it.

Associate
Ivy batch codes decoded (from another place):

"Just to clarify how to read batch code
For instance, L206B425

L - 1st letter or digit is a plant code (L = Malaysia)
2 - 2nd digit is a year of production (2012)
06 - 3rd and 4th digits is a week (6th week )
B425 - 5th till 8th digits is a lot number"

Soldato
You only have to tweak the multiplier and vcore and possibly llb for OC'ing now the BCLK doesn't get touched at all. You can make it so your RAM doesn't step up with the CPU increases in speed as well.

Assuming that Asus AI Suite is the windows based application similar to my MSI control center. I would use the BIOS, only because almost all changes you make in windows still require a reboot so BIOS is quicker.

Only clock using the multiplier. You will also need to change the voltage slightly.
The RAM frequency will only change if you change the BCLK. Best to leave this really, and you won't get very far with it.

So leave this alone set @ 100.00?

Soldato
Finally got round to putting my 3770k in.... Anyhow I discoverd that the cpu had marks on the IHS from what looks like a previous installation, the package itself though didnt look like it had been opened before.

I take it that this is from factory testing or something? Did anyone else see anything similar?

OEM or Retail ?

Back
Top Bottom