*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
I moved over to Sennheiser and much prefer DTS:X to Atmos, just places objects so much better. Still hoping for the rumoured rears in 2024, otherwise I may come back to Sonos if this new bar is any good and add the 300's.

I'm tempted to make the switch, especially with the black Friday deals - might make it more tolerable.

Have always found the ARC missing something, and the subs, while very good for films, don't have the speed and attack necessary for music.

Soldato
The Arc always feels a bit soft and quiet and I actually preferred how music sounded on the playbar but I have no regrets as to play games with the playbar I had to jump through hoops where as hdmi arc makes that so much easier

Last edited:
Soldato
The Arc always feels a bit soft and quiet and I actually preferred how music sounded on the playbar but I have no regrets as to play games with the playbar I had to jump through hoops where as hdmi arc makes that so much easier

I find the latency using ARC intolerable for playing games. There's such a significant delay with the Xbox in anything other than Stereo :/

Also, why is the Sonos app search so broken for Apple Music? The number of songs I can't find in the Sonos app is crazy. If I go to the artists page and look through their albums, I'm able to find it, yet it doesn't show in the search.

The more I use Sonos, the more I dislike it :/

Soldato
Anyone had an issues with stuttering sound with a play bar? Mine is first gen and probably 12 years old or so, been faultless however recently noticed the sound stuttering every now and then. The only fix is to unplug the power chord. It happens on most inputs but seems to be Xbox the most.

Soldato
Mini sub is a good pairing with the Beam.

Keep an eye on HUKD as the mini drops to around £300 often.

eg. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sonos-sub-mini-black-4269076
That's dude. Just clicked through my employers perks portal and I can get the full sub and 2x era 100s for 1100. Almost do-able but I think way too much for my uneducated ears!

I think I'll set an alert for the mini sub.

There is a lad local selling two Sonos play:1 with stands for 200. Can anyone comment on those as rears?

Soldato
That's dude. Just clicked through my employers perks portal and I can get the full sub and 2x era 100s for 1100. Almost do-able but I think way too much for my uneducated ears!

I think I'll set an alert for the mini sub.

There is a lad local selling two Sonos play:1 with stands for 200. Can anyone comment on those as rears?

I’ve got an Arc + 2x Subs + IKEA lamps as rears.

Before the IKEA lamps, I used the Sonos Ones - they’re the successor to the Play:1

They’re fine, since it’s pretty much entirely mid range which comes through the rear channels.

I would actually say the Sub Mini is a better sounding sub compared to the sub - I have both.

The Sub has more presence and can energise a room better, but the quality of sound from the Mini is, in my opinion, better.

2x Subs for movies
1x Sub mini for music IMO.

Soldato
Currently looking at soundbars - is the Beam Gen 2 a good choice?

Used to have a Yamaha AV with a 5.1 set of QAcoustic 2000 speakers but need something wireless and less visible to get approval from the other half :)

Caporegime
Currently looking at soundbars - is the Beam Gen 2 a good choice?

Used to have a Yamaha AV with a 5.1 set of QAcoustic 2000 speakers but need something wireless and less visible to get approval from the other half :)

Have you got other Sonos gear? Samsung do decent Sounbars with wireless rears that are worth a look unless you want to stay in the Sonos ecosystem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom