Official Spider-Man 2 (PS5) Thread - 30fps, 40fps, 60fps, 120fps! (*Spoilers Inside*)

Soldato
There is some options in the game settings to:

1) Change game speed to 30, 50, 70 percent (you can bind this to left or right dpad)
2) Fall damage.

Doing a fight or a flight in the city at 30% speed is amazing. You see every single detail in the animations, which is awesome.

For the fall damage, I just climb a tall tower and dive to the ground for an instant suicide!

rp2000

Plan to start this today, so the game speed setting determines how fast Spiderman swings/flys across the city?

Videos watched looks way to quick for my liking, so will try 30 I think.

Caporegime
OP
Plan to start this today, so the game speed setting determines how fast Spiderman swings/flys across the city?

Videos watched looks way to quick for my liking, so will try 30 I think.
No. It's literally the speed of the whole game. Imagine like the 0.5x 0.75x speed settings when you play videos. You couldn't play the game at those speeds, maybe select missions.

rp2000

Soldato
Hopefully I've just been unlucky but the PC version of Cyberpunk was better than this on release, at least for me.

I think the only bug I didn't encounter was the one where Spider-Man turns in to an oxo cube.
If I was getting that many bugs, I’d probably have given rebuilding the database a go

Caporegime
Finished this over the weekend, I really enjoyed most of it but if im being completely honest the last 3/4 hours felt like a bit of a slog. The enemies at a certain point become thoroughly unenjoyable to fight imo, which is a shame.

Still a great game though, well worth it.

Associate
Finished it last night, definitely agree with @McBain in that the last few hours felt a bit of a slog but overall I really enjyoyed it. The story was great and towards the end I was playing mainly to see what was going to happen with the actual story - which I guess is a good testament to the writers.

I'm going to clean up the trophies to try and get the platinum then probably just swing around New York for a bit!

I also ended up swapping to the 60fps mode about half way through the game. As good as the 40fps mode looked (and felt) it really did feel significantly smoother at 60fps and was a lot more enjoyable to play for me at a slightly higher frame rate.

Excited to see what DLC/expansions we get with it - and whether it'll be related to any of the side mission final cutscenes or if that will be saved for the next game.

Soldato
Same I finished the main story last night as well. Played through it in performance 60 and had a great time with it. Some of the later fights were a bit of a slog so i lowered the difficulty to see the ending. Great story over all and a beautiful looking and sounding game. A few bugs here and there but nothing game breaking for me. Might push for the plat or save that for another play if and when some DLC drops.

Soldato
Don’t really feel the rush to play this having loved both the previous games on the PS5. My oldest did pick it up so might as well wait until she finishes it :D

Soldato
Finished it tonight, really enjoyed it - Very much the same formula as Spider-man 1 and Miles Morales, felt it worked well having both to play as both characters.

Only had once crash near the start but after that was a seamless experience. At times I forgot I was even playing a game and just felt like a movie, not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing!

Do love a bit of Spidey, now to decide on what next to play.

Soldato
Same I finished the main story last night as well. Played through it in performance 60 and had a great time with it. Some of the later fights were a bit of a slog so i lowered the difficulty to see the ending. Great story over all and a beautiful looking and sounding game. A few bugs here and there but nothing game breaking for me. Might push for the plat or save that for another play if and when some DLC drops.
Went for the platinum was easy in the end. Had a great time with it looking forward to see if they add more to it.

Associate
Went for the platinum was easy in the end. Had a great time with it looking forward to see if they add more to it.
Yup, my total playtime was around 27 hours for the platinum? Wasn't particularly difficult to get, the hardest trophy was gliding with the wing suit across the entire map...!

Soldato
Phew... just platinumed it.
27 Hours for me.

Really great game, although (maybe I'm just imagining it) I did feel there was less to do in the city than Spiderman 1?
Also really disappointed at the reduction of 'event areas' where you can stealthily take everyone down, that's deffinitely got cut back :(

One last thing I did before selling it on is in honor of Matthew Perry, I thought I would look for the Friends building.
Checked Google Maps, checked the street signs in the game and this building is pretty much in the right spot.
Not 100% accurate, but I think it's certainly meant to be it :D

yttreyer.jpg

Soldato
Finished the campaign. I enjoyed it on the whole but it started to drag toward the end with some padding etc throughout.

Traversal and combat feel were great, actual combat scenarios grew tired/repetitive by about the mid way point unfortunately

Soldato
Yup, my total playtime was around 27 hours for the platinum? Wasn't particularly difficult to get, the hardest trophy was gliding with the wing suit across the entire map...!
Mine is showing 31 hours though I imagine there are a couple there of me just idling when I am ‘working from home’ checking emails etc on my laptop.

Soldato
I loved the first spider-man and then miles morales! It’s rare I actually complete a game but I did complete both of these. Just went onto ps5 store to buy the new one….£70? Wtf….didn’t get it in the end :(

Soldato
Not sure I'm enjoying this.

Don't get me wrong, on fidelity mode the graphics are insane, and the world feels properly lived in. I just landed on a rooftop where they had a tennis court and there were loads of people watching, and the gameplay of the tennis looked genuine. Nice little moment.

Whizzing around NY is great and I do rate the web/flying suit, but feels very similar to Miles Morales (which I preferred from the off).

I don't know, it's just not grabbing me. I wanted something to really dig my heels into but I put an hour or two into each session and I'm really not fussed about it, almost forcing my way back to turning it back on because I paid £60 for it.

We'll see.

Mario Wonder had like 1% extra on MetaCritic, but to my money it's a far superior game to Spidey.

Forced myself to play it for a bit longer and it's got me hooked now, story finally got going and the gameplay clicked again for me.

Take back what I said earlier, superb game all round, other than the obvious few bugs/glitches here and there, it's a well put together game. I'm going to try and Platinum it once I've done the main story..

Back
Top Bottom