Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Associate
Is the vendor recipe for a 20 quality gem bugged for anyone?

I've got 6 lvl 20 ET's and 6 GCP's tried half a dozen vendors just getting offered scrolls?

Tried just 1 gem with 1 GCP also, same thing.
they changed it for skill gems this league (not bugged).
support gems still works with the recipe.

Associate
Yea when ruthless mode seems like fun and enjoyable vs the gauntlet pain.
Not playing that, tried ruthless hardcore and its tedious and boring.

I've not interest in any of this crap tbh, same with WOW races, if I were a WOW player that is - who cares?

Soldato
the majority who try Gauntlet are just doing it for the challenge and experience, they're not racing or anything. It just lets you try out a harder version of the game in SSFHC settings, play until you get bored, frustrated or die too many times
I like it as it's kinda silly and there's a lot of buzz with builds and streamers

Soldato
If it was to grip me that is fine, but can I play it solo etc?

If it grips you expect it not to "tie you over for a bit" it will tie you over for a long long time.

The great thing with poe is that every 3 months~ you are getting new content, so it gives you a reason to keep playing/trying new league content.

One thing I would say is, try not to let things like the passive tree put you off, once you get a better understanding and feel for it it's not as daunting as some make out.

There are plenty of new player guides floating around on YouTube which should give you a good starting point.

Associate
If it was to grip me that is fine, but can I play it solo etc?
I've never played with someone else and have nearly 2k hours logged. It's quite an overwhelming experience if you try to learn it all at once so don't even attempt it. Even after this much time there are past league mechanics I don't really understand and the range of gear/spell affixes and their interactions can be mind-boggling. It can be a huge time sink if you get deeply into it, but an enjoyable one for the most part!

Associate
If it grips you expect it not to "tie you over for a bit" it will tie you over for a long long time.

The great thing with poe is that every 3 months~ you are getting new content, so it gives you a reason to keep playing/trying new league content.

One thing I would say is, try not to let things like the passive tree put you off, once you get a better understanding and feel for it it's not as daunting as some make out.

There are plenty of new player guides floating around on YouTube which should give you a good starting point.

For now I have just gone standard instead of league and put points in what sounds best!

Soldato
For now I have just gone standard instead of league and put points in what sounds best!

If you start to get frustrated with dying a lot of progression is slow, I would highly recommend following a build guide, some great ones out there now with plenty of notes and explanations, and as Brok said above, I also have 3k~ hours in PoE and there's still plenty to learn!

There's a few content creators who have play-along/play-through style videos that explain the basics very well if you get really stuck.

I was going to say if you are ever just you could give me a shout on steam but due to having two young kids I don't get to play as much as I used to! :D

Associate

I can understand why you just want to jump in, at least you can see whether the play style is enjoyable. But as others have said, you need to follow a build giude, get Path of Building and play the current league for the best noobie start. See whether trhe game appeals to you, and if so, come back and have a serious bash at the game with a build guide etc

Soldato
I think it depends on priorities and expectations if you need a build guide or not. If you want to get through and kill all the non-uber stuff then build guide all the way. If you just want to learn some of the game and systems and just clear campaign on first character then you really don't need any guides

go in blind on first character, once you start to hit content walls then look up guides etc

Last edited:
Associate
Pretty much done maxing out my meta Fulcrum Chieftan, last remaining upgrades are way out of my price range (watcher's eye, max res/explode charms) and its been expensive enough to get to this point. It still goes splat fairly often with extreme juicing, and occasionally I get "committed suicide" deaths which I've yet to pin down but think might be related to having maps with wither on hit affix.

Got a few bits to try and double corrupt before the league end, tried it on my Mageblood but just got a corrupted version back. At least it didn't poof! I'm not one for grinding out the challenges so will give it a break until the next league. It's been a really fun one though, the most I've played since the original Incursion/Delve leagues when my BV Tri-Herald Elementalist was all-conquering.

Associate
Dropped This - Any build ideas? I priced it up at 6 divs.

+3 to level of all cold spell skill gems (Fractured)

100% Increased global critical strike chance for spells (Implicit)

Tier 2 (56-107) Fire damage to spells

Tier 1 (35%) Increased critical strike chance

1 Open Prefix

2 Suffixes not of any note

Eclipse Staff - lvl 78

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom