Only reason I swapped was because I got into watercooling and wanted a lot more rad space. Initially went with the Phanteks 719 as Phanteks build quality is just superb in every way. Didn't like the layout as much though, and despite being far larger I found cable management to be a pain and there was just too much dead space. Now using the 011d XL with front distro plate which is great but still pine for that P600s. If Phanteks update the case I will definitely get one for my next build.

Im thinking of watercooling my 6800XT, what issues did you have in the P600?

Thanks mate :)

No worries :)

Soldato
@Grandmaster Fap! It was just a lack of further expandability of the loop for me, my 9900k was clocked to 5.1Ghz and putting out a lot of heat without thinking about the GPU. I wanted bigger rads and more fans as the temps where too high for my liking. Which is the long way of saying I got bit by the watercooling bug hard and wanted to do more stuff lol

@Grandmaster Fap! It was just a lack of further expandability of the loop for me, my 9900k was clocked to 5.1Ghz and putting out a lot of heat without thinking about the GPU. I wanted bigger rads and more fans as the temps where too high for my liking. Which is the long way of saying I got bit by the watercooling bug hard and wanted to do more stuff lol

Ha fair enough, i was just worried i might run in to problems wanting to watercool my 6800 and wanted to run it by you incase there were rad/pump space issues :)

Soldato
Ha fair enough, i was just worried i might run in to problems wanting to watercool my 6800 and wanted to run it by you incase there were rad/pump space issues :)

I'm not going to lie I found it tight, check out my project log
Looking back, part of the problem was the thick rad up front, when mounting the pump/res I couldn't get my gpu in, without a riser cable and vertical mounting it. Not great for an air cooled GPU! Even then the bracket put a little pressure on the card I wasn't happy with at the bottom corner. Would probably have been fine with a waterblock as they tend to be shorter.

I'm not going to lie I found it tight, check out my project log
Looking back, part of the problem was the thick rad up front, when mounting the pump/res I couldn't get my gpu in, without a riser cable and vertical mounting it. Not great for an air cooled GPU! Even then the bracket put a little pressure on the card I wasn't happy with at the bottom corner. Would probably have been fine with a waterblock as they tend to be shorter.

Ah its a shame its didnt all fit perfect, its such a great case but i can see the 'Great at everything, master at none' issue. Thankfully i have an Arctic on the cpu so doing watercooling on the gpu shouldnt be too much of an issue.

Soldato
It was literally millimetres and could be solved by a different bracket or skinnier rad. Honestly though, if you're going to all the trouble of doing your gpu, I'd go all in and add your cpu for not very much more money.

It was literally millimetres and could be solved by a different bracket or skinnier rad. Honestly though, if you're going to all the trouble of doing your gpu, I'd go all in and add your cpu for not very much more money.

Yeah i was actually considering it, 280 rads top and bottom for both cpu/gpu. Looked on Formulamod and could price an entire system for s decent amount!

Soldato
Trust me, you'll only end up doing it later anyway. Watercooling is as addictive as crack! Lol Cracks cheaper though I'm sure haha. I'd definitely get 360mm rads though, you want as much cooling as possible on a dual loop.

Trust me, you'll only end up doing it later anyway. Watercooling is as addictive as crack! Lol Cracks cheaper though I'm sure haha. I'd definitely get 360mm rads though, you want as much cooling as possible on a dual loop.

Haha no doubt! I think i could get away with 360 top, 420 front but would have to be thin rads which i hear dont give great cooling unless you have serious hi rpm fans? i enjoy my quiet pc!

Soldato
You'll definitely want a skinny rad up top, like a Black Ice Nemesis GTS I think it is. There's just not enough clearance for anything thicker.They're not bad, they just have less surface area so are a little less efficient at dissipation of heat. There's usually less resistance though depending on fin density.

It's the thicker and denser radiators you really want high pressure/high rpm fans. Monster thick rads, you ideally want fans in push and pull as there's so much resistance but you aren't squeezing that in a P600s without a dremel and a tiny short gpu.

You'll definitely want a skinny rad up top, like a Black Ice Nemesis GTS I think it is. There's just not enough clearance for anything thicker.They're not bad, they just have less surface area so are a little less efficient at dissipation of heat. There's usually less resistance though depending on fin density.

It's the thicker and denser radiators you really want high pressure/high rpm fans. Monster thick rads, you ideally want fans in push and pull as there's so much resistance but you aren't squeezing that in a P600s without a dremel and a tiny short gpu.

Im using Arctic P14s so static pressure isnt a problem, just the cooling surface of the rads, thats why i thought just letting an AIO do the job for the cpu and water for the GPU......crap now you have me worried the P600 isnt enough! :eek::cry:

Soldato
It's enough mate, just dump that aio, they're useless! My problem is I want the absolute best I can afford and end up spending more than I really need to but then it's my hobby snd passion. Listen to me too much and you'll end up with a massive case and a grands worth of fittings etc lol

Soldato
Change of plan now going artic freezer 2 420mm in the front of my evolv x I can fit it in tubes down and run a riser cable, but I've read that it's a no no to run the tubes on top is this true.

Soldato
I've always liked the Phanteks evolv case outer design and solid build but did not buy it at the time, Im now considering a upgrade and was wondering if the evolv X was still worth considering, can it still go toe to toe with newer cases like the lian li O11D XL, EVO, AIR or lancool 2 mesh and even some other models

Soldato
I'm also considering the Evolv-X for a new build.
Can you turn the RGB stuff off and do you need to do it from software or is there a switch on the case?

Is anyone running one with a 4080 in? Is there much clearance given the length of the card? (For example, to fit a radiator in the front)

I'm currently a little hesitant as there's no support for 480mm radiators and no 5¼" bay for a fan controller.
But I guess this sort of thing is to be expected when downsizing.

I'm also considering the Evolv-X for a new build.
Can you turn the RGB stuff off and do you need to do it from software or is there a switch on the case?

Is anyone running one with a 4080 in? Is there much clearance given the length of the card? (For example, to fit a radiator in the front)

I'm currently a little hesitant as there's no support for 480mm radiators and no 5¼" bay for a fan controller.
But I guess this sort of thing is to be expected when downsizing.

Which 4080 do you have? I have a Gigabyte 6800xt that is 324mm and it doesnt reach the cut out in my P600S, 4080FE is shorter than my card :)

Soldato
Few questions on the Phanteks evolv X

1. Can I fit the 4 drive cages in the bottom as well as a 360 rad at the front ?
2. What are the temps air flow like ? since all the new cases focus on air flow I wanted to get a idea
3 .can I fit a 360 rad at front and top at the same time ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom