PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
The whole upgrade path is a complete mess with misleading information from the start. It would be so nice to have a little more transparency from the developer/publishers about what you're supposed to do.
You’re not wrong! That’s the most illogical convoluted upgrade process I’ve ever seen though it does work! downloading the ps5 version just now having bought the ps4 tourist edition add on which makes no mention of the ps5 compatibility or version….

More info here!

Last edited:
Soldato
Walking Dead is so damn good on PSVR2! I was a little disappointed in the clarity and performance of the big hitting games prior to this and as far as i'm concered, Saints and Sinners should be the benchmark re. how sharp and smooth PSVR2 games should run. It lacks the detail of Village, but damn it's more impressive in game.

Associate
I tried the first Saints and Sinners, managed an hour before it crashed however the experience was incredible. Nice little touch where you can enable your Mic then whistle/call over a zombie to you. Very immersive stuff.

Soldato
I highly recommend Walkabout Mini Golf, it's really fun. Played some last night with a friend on PSVR2, then today with another friend who has a Meta Quest and it worked brilliantly. Good price too, vase game is only £12 or the bundle with all available DLC courses is £28.

Associate
For those who have Beat Saber already, there is a free upgrade to the PS5 VR2 version. I didn't have it, so I just bought it; not sure it's the weather to have such a game, but been looking forward to playing it!
I was so happy to see this get a free patch and release when it did. Was my favourite from the first PSVR.

Soldato
I've just picked up a PSVR from CEX really cheap for the PS4.

Any "experiences" that'll really wow the wife? She's not into gaming at all but hoping to show her some novelty stuff that'll get her on board with the purchase :)

Man of Honour

Any "experiences" that'll really wow the wife? She's not into gaming at all but hoping to show her some novelty stuff that'll get her on board with the purchase :)

Everybody's Golf
Even my wife was impressed looking all around the course.
She wasn't impressed with the flirty caddie :)

Soldato

I was quite late to the party with it too. There is a "game" as part of the VR worlds disc (i think). Name escapes me but its a deep sea ride in a shark cage, its basically an animated movie so they don't need to learn any buttons and even though it's dated it's still pretty impressive and it does a great job of ramping up the atmosphere as you go deeper and you get the first glimpses of the shark. Had my mrs and her mates on it and they were petrified, only one completed it to the end. Funny to watch :)

Soldato
I'm really enjoying mine, and I don't think it can be accused of having a lack of software; the library is pretty big by now and there are far more games available for it than I have time for. I do think it's time for a big PSVR2 first-party announcement though. Horizon was a great demonstration of what the hardware can do.

As for the quiet thread, the mods for some reason allowed PSVR2 discussion to be split between the console section (where it obviously belongs) and the VR section.

Last edited:
Associate

Ace Combat 7 and Wipeout Omega Collection. They are "experiences" alright.

Less hardcore - VR Worlds (free) has different kinds of experience, and Accounting+ if she's into Rick'N'Morty style humour.

Back
Top Bottom