PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
Yeah, I've played quite a bit of GT7 in VR as it's amazing but nothing else has really captured my attention. Looking forward to playing Firewall Ultra which is out in a couple of weeks time though. The original was probably my most played title on PSVR1 and the main reason I purchased PSVR2 on launch!

Anyone else on here planning on getting it as we could maybe create an OCUK Firewall team?

Just played a few hrs on firewall ultra and quite liked it, controll took a bit of getting used to. I think a few updates and will be as enjoyable as the first game

Soldato
Just played a few hrs on firewall ultra and quite liked it, controll took a bit of getting used to. I think a few updates and will be as enjoyable as the first game
That’s good to hear from someone who’s played the original as the initial batch of reviews have been surprisingly negative!

Associate
Had the VR2 for about 6 weeks but unfortunately might need to make the sensible financial decision and sell.

I've only put it on about 4 times (and stupidly already bought Beat Saber, Star Wars and Moss 1/2 when I first got it!), because I'm just finding myself with tired eyes most evenings due to work and life, and not in the mood to put on a headset and risk worsening it.

Doesn't help that I recently got a modded Switch OLED, and messing around with that and playing has taken up a lot of my gaming time!

It's a shame because the tech is great and it's easy to set up, but I just find it hard to have to be in a specific mood to play, and it feels more like a chore sometimes.

Soldato
I finished Red Matter 2 the other week and absolutely loved it. Genuinely the best PSVR2 game I've played so far in terms of overall visuals, immersion and interactivity with objects and environments. The audio lets it down a bit, the soundtrack is very samey and the overall sound design isn't as good as Call of the Mountain, but if you're looking for a game to scratch the Half Life: Alyx itch this is it.

The devs have just announced they're bringing the previous Red Matter game over to PSVR2 next week too, should be a free upgrade for people who had it on PSVR. Really looking forward to playing that.

Soldato
noticed that Project Wingman has just dropped out of the blue on the PS store with VR support.

Waiting for reviews but it looks fantastic from footage I’ve seen so far and is well regarded by PC VR enthusiasts.

Soldato
noticed that Project Wingman has just dropped out of the blue on the PS store with VR support.

Waiting for reviews but it looks fantastic from footage I’ve seen so far and is well regarded by PC VR enthusiasts.

It seems like it is a serious downgrade from the PC version with the full campaign not available in VR but just 6 missions.

Soldato
It seems like it is a serious downgrade from the PC version with the full campaign not available in VR but just 6 missions.
Yeah, reviews have all been very negative. Apparently lots of technical issues and like you say just the 6 missions that are playable in VR. Strange as from what I’ve read the whole game is playable in VR on PC.

Hopefully something the devs can sort out with a future patch but not worth buying in its current state unfortunately .

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just been playing a bit of The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners. Seems pretty decent, there's a lot more to it than I expected as you have to find resources, craft items and equipment etc. I assumed it was just a fairly standard zombie shooter!

Associate
Ive always found it funny when people get scared in VR as its just a game............
But, holy sh**! Playing through Resident Evil and getting to Beneviento's house- The Baby Monster bit genuinely had me! I just gaped at it coming down the hallway at first, like being frozen on the spot in real life. Wow. Magnificent!

Soldato
Ive always found it funny when people get scared in VR as its just a game............
But, holy sh**! Playing through Resident Evil and getting to Beneviento's house- The Baby Monster bit genuinely had me! I just gaped at it coming down the hallway at first, like being frozen on the spot in real life. Wow. Magnificent!
Ugh, that entire section must be terrifying! I really need to try RE8, I completed it about a year ago but keep meaning to try the VR mode. I've yet to get RE4 so I might do my first entire playthrough of that in VR when the update comes out.

Associate
I'd definitely pick up a PSVR2 if the price was right during Black Friday sales, I just think it's too expensive at it's current price point.
That said I definitely got my moneys worth out of the original PSVR but I did pick that up second hand about 4 years after it released!

Soldato
RecRoom is no longer coming to PSVR2.

5py5by1gvcec1.png

It is coming to Apple Vision Pro :confused: Already on iOS so might be easy to port and/or Apple opened the chequebook.

Soldato
Apparently Rec Room is built on an old version of the unity engine that psvr2 doesn't work with, so they would need to update the game to a newer engine, perhaps they can port with the old engine for vision os since it already runs on iOS

I suspect this is the same reason why we haven't seen many psvr1 games ported to psvr2 yet, because games with old code bases may require game engine updates to be compatible with psvr2, it's not a simple switch and developers don't want to do the work, they either don't think they'll get many sales of an old game or would rather put the effort into a new game

It's a developer problem due to potential not having enough sales there to justify the effort and it's a Sony problem because they didn't really care about backwards compatibility with the psvr2

Last edited:
Associate
Loving Ultrawings 2 at the moment. Really nice controls on the planes and good gameplay.
I also bought D-Day Enhanced, but so far have been met with empty servers and only a handful playing deathmatch. I'm hoping it will get more players as its a good little multiplayer fps.

Back
Top Bottom