PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
Thread is pretty quiet, I'm going to guess PSVR2 will fade in to obscurity much like PSVR because of lack of software.

Shame, as it looks like one of the better VR headsets.

VR is obscure, it always has been and always will be. 99% of gamers have zero interest in VR, it's that simple

Associate
Thread is pretty quiet, I'm going to guess PSVR2 will fade in to obscurity much like PSVR because of lack of software.

Shame, as it looks like one of the better VR headsets.
I'm still waiting to see more unique titles on it. I have the PSVR and and original Vive so ports of existing titles don't really do much for me.

Associate
I'm still waiting to see more unique titles on it. I have the PSVR and and original Vive so ports of existing titles don't really do much for me.

Same here with VR2. It is an excellent headset, but beyond playing through RE:Village I haven't used it much. I will be all over GT7 when I get a racing seat, though.
A killer app for me would be a fully VR Ace Combat style game, but the problem with those is while they are amazing experiences they're also very prone to giving people VR sickness, they will always be a niche within what is already a niche as the problem of that sort of motion disconnect is basically intractable without some sort of motorised seat.

Soldato
Same here with VR2. It is an excellent headset, but beyond playing through RE:Village I haven't used it much. I will be all over GT7 when I get a racing seat, though.
A killer app for me would be a fully VR Ace Combat style game, but the problem with those is while they are amazing experiences they're also very prone to giving people VR sickness, they will always be a niche within what is already a niche as the problem of that sort of motion disconnect is basically intractable without some sort of motorised seat.

motorised seat you say...

Associate
I played about 30mins of Resi7 with the OG PSVR and it was that scary/immersive that I never played it again like that... Is that the ultimate compliment, I am not sure haha.

Associate
I played about 30mins of Resi7 with the OG PSVR and it was that scary/immersive that I never played it again like that... Is that the ultimate compliment, I am not sure haha.
I suppose it is, but not exactly helpful for game sales!
I tried a few people on RE7 VR, all noped out fairly quickly, usually it was the bit where you need to go down a dark staircase and hear the girl hissing from the bottom haha.
It gave me mega motion sickness the first few tries, then I ended up completing it in VR. Main criticism was the massively reduced texture quality, which is miles better on PS5/VR2. Otherwise, a really immersive experience.

Associate
I tried a few people on RE7 VR, all noped out fairly quickly, usually it was the bit where you need to go down a dark staircase and hear the girl hissing from the bottom haha.
It gave me mega motion sickness the first few tries, then I ended up completing it in VR. Main criticism was the massively reduced texture quality, which is miles better on PS5/VR2. Otherwise, a really immersive experience.
Yup, reading this brings back bad memories... thanks. Haha.
I'm tempted by PSVR2, I always viewed the PSVR1 as a sort of proof of concept.

Soldato
Big fan of The Room games on mobile so was looking forward to trying the PSVR2 one today, just as I was about to hit Buy I realised it's roomscale only. Really annoying, 2m x 2m is a surprisingly large area and I don't have that kind of space unless I push my sofa out towards my kitchen area and table every time I want to use it. Had the same issue with Job Simulator but only found out after buying that one.

Soldato
Do you find the VR2 headset is better for avoiding motion sickness or have you just got used to it now?

Soldato
Picked this up today from Amazon as it was on offer for £476.07

Got the Playseat set up ready for GT7, and a couple of demos downloaded to get things going.

Looking forward to testing it out and comparing it to my Pico 4 Pc setup.

Soldato
Thread is pretty quiet,

Yeah, I've played quite a bit of GT7 in VR as it's amazing but nothing else has really captured my attention. Looking forward to playing Firewall Ultra which is out in a couple of weeks time though. The original was probably my most played title on PSVR1 and the main reason I purchased PSVR2 on launch!

Anyone else on here planning on getting it as we could maybe create an OCUK Firewall team?

Aces of Thunder looks like it could be really good as well though no release date yet.

Last edited:
Associate
Do you find the VR2 headset is better for avoiding motion sickness or have you just got used to it now?

Not really, it's marginally better perhaps, but the fundamental movement problem is still there, I think this will always be the case unless seated in a moving/rotating chair.
I got used to it, but if I don't play for a while I have to re-get used to it, it's not a permanent adaptation.

Soldato
Can't recommend Red Matter 2 highly enough, it's brilliant. The level of interaction with objects is really impressive and the physics and lighting are excellent, I'm really enjoying it.

Soldato
I have yet to find a shooting game I liked in VR

I've tried about a dozen now and all of them
Feel super boring, they don't really capture the action and pace of a non vr shooter

And I can understand why that is; you can't just take a conventional shooter and do the same in VR - it's too fast with too much happening and the narrow FOV over a 3D plane means the player will struggle with what's happening and get very nauseous. But that doesn't stop me from feeling like existing fps vr games are boring unfortunately

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom