Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
I've downgraded to a Samsung q990c. It's pretty good tho especially with Atmos material like top gun. The door banging scene in haunting of hill house is fantastic

Soldato
I'm upgrading kit and need some funds to freeing up some really top tier mid-range kit below:

3x Monolith THX 15'' subs
3x Revel M105 Gloss Performa 3s
2x Arendal 1723S heights
2x Arendal 1723 Monitors (potentially)
4x Whaferdsale 990s

Where do you reckon would be best to list this kit? Can't believe people would pay new prices for entry level KEF kit or monitor audio when you can get some ridiculous things second hand.

img

img

Associate
I'm upgrading kit and need some funds to freeing up some really top tier mid-range kit below:

3x Monolith THX 15'' subs
3x Revel M105 Gloss Performa 3s
2x Arendal 1723S heights
2x Arendal 1723 Monitors (potentially)
4x Whaferdsale 990s

Where do you reckon would be best to list this kit? Can't believe people would pay new prices for entry level KEF kit or monitor audio when you can get some ridiculous things second hand.
avforums

Caporegime
Arendal are having a clearance sale on 1961s at the moment, some amazing deals to be had for a very very well reviewed speaker.

Soldato
I've downgraded to a Samsung q990c. It's pretty good tho especially with Atmos material like top gun. The door banging scene in haunting of hill house is fantastic

Not a downgrade at all.

Far less hassle than throwing speakers all over the walls and ceiling, plus incredibly good for films and an immersive experience.

Soldato
Not a downgrade at all.

Far less hassle than throwing speakers all over the walls and ceiling, plus incredibly good for films and an immersive experience.
Maybe I should have chosen my words better but I had a Yamaha 3070 before it.

It's great with movies. Only be able to go to 16 on the volume. Rear and sub connections have been 100% stable. Only downside I had was cutting a chunk out of my shelf for the fire stick.

Last edited:
Associate
I have been using the Arc and Sub (Gen3) since November, thinking about a couple of surrounds but the Era300’s are a bit bigger than we want.

Anyone have experience in whether there is any difference using the Era100’s as rears over the One’s, can get a used pair of the latter pretty cheap these days.

I also want to compromise on speaker size as trying to convince the other half we want to move up to 65”, currently have the LG B7 which I’ve had since 2017.

She thinks it would be too big but I think we have plenty room for upsizing:

IMG-9745.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got everything crossed for you but I don't think they'll honour that ;)

embed

Small steps, first test of the hue strip lights last night, TV going up this arvo, can't wait!!

The double sided tape for sticking the hue strips was next to useless so I've got some clips coming!

Last edited:
Associate
embed

I'm going to give these a whizz, not keen on the LED hot spots on the wall so I'm going to diffuse.
They look like the same sort I used above kitchen cabinets - they seem ok but if you need more than one piece for a longer lightstrip then it can stress the lightstrip at the join if you're not careful. I used some duct tape at the joins which helped but it's not ideal.

Back
Top Bottom