PSVR 2, anyone interested?

Associate
Get

Get a Quest Pro instead, or wait for Quest 3. Quest Pro is probably the best all-round PCVR capable headset right now.
But then i go to Walkabout mini golf or Red Matter 2 and it makes me think..the colours just pop and the FOV is a noticeably better than the Quest.
I think i will wait a while and see how the Q3 fares when it's released.

Soldato
Well if they can fully crack it then it's a keeper for me.

The two issues they haven't fixed and which will be deal breakers: currently you need a hacked open source amd GPU driver and an amd GPU and run Linux OS to use the headset - the headset doesn't work in Windows or if you use an Nvidia gpu. Secondly, you need an adaptor box - the headset plugs into the adaptor and the adaptor plugs into the GPUs virtual link type c port - so your gpu must have virtual link

Thisnis still very far from an average user being able to use it

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't get the clamour or desire to do this.

Time you've messed about for an ad hock half baked something, surely a sub £400 PS5 is more appealing.

I get the 'just cause' tinkering fanatical element, but that aside, where's the value in doing it.

Soldato
I don't get the clamour or desire to do this.

Time you've messed about for an ad hock half baked something, surely a sub £400 PS5 is more appealing.

I get the 'just cause' tinkering fanatical element, but that aside, where's the value in doing it.

Additional £400 for the ps5 and how many hundreds extra for the games you may already own on pcvr? To run likely at a worse resolution than a good pc could drive them at.

I don't know if they'll actually get it working well enough, but can definitely see the appeal.

Associate
Associate
Anyone know if you can get PSVR 1 v.2 working on PC? I've had a little mess about trying to get it working with movies like Avengers Infinity war but I just really don't know what I'm doing. Even in PS4 I can't get the movie to show up. Any pointers?

Soldato
Anyone know if you can get PSVR 1 v.2 working on PC? I've had a little mess about trying to get it working with movies like Avengers Infinity war but I just really don't know what I'm doing. Even in PS4 I can't get the movie to show up. Any pointers?

It needs a virtual link port on your GPU to act as a monitor, and dedicated hardware (which modders are working on) to be able to use as a VR headset on PC.

You're better off with a Quest Pro or the forthcoming Quest 3 for watching movies, or maybe a Pico 4.

Associate
It needs a virtual link port on your GPU to act as a monitor, and dedicated hardware (which modders are working on) to be able to use as a VR headset on PC.

You're better off with a Quest Pro or the forthcoming Quest 3 for watching movies, or maybe a Pico 4.
Ah ok then.Thanks.

Soldato
Associate
FYI:
Thanks for the link. But I only have PS4 VR. (V2 revision). Quick question though. On my headset even Tetris effect looks very badly aliased to the point where I'm disappointed with it. It's a good game,but how can it not be nice and sharp? It's Tetris fgs. RE7 also looks abysmal outdoors. Saying that I havent tried it on my new TV yet. Maybe that would help?

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah sorry my mistake. Yes you can get it working but to be honest it's nowhere near as good as more recent VR headsets. It's just far too low resolution. The best things about it are the OLED colours, and the non Fresnel lenses
In all other respects other headsets will be way better. Much sharper and clearer, and with way better controller tracking.

Associate
Ah sorry my mistake. Yes you can get it working but to be honest it's nowhere near as good as more recent VR headsets. It's just far too low resolution. The best things about it are the OLED colours, and the non Fresnel lenses
In all other respects other headsets will be way better. Much sharper and clearer, and with way better controller tracking.
I don't even know what Fresnel lenses are tbh. All I know is the jaggies on some games are really disappointing.

Associate
I bought it last Xmas from a guy. I got 5 games,2 DS4's (V2) PS4 Slim and PSVR (v.2) for £200. I honestly think the headset might be a bit iffy. But when I played COD space assault thing it looks great. I guess it just depends on the game.

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom