PSVR 2, anyone interested?

Soldato
anyone playing Gran Turismo 7 with the PSVR2? im tempted as playing it on a single monitor after playing other titles in my Varjo Aero or triples kind of puts me off playing it, is it any good?
The stand out game on psvr imo, I've never really been into racing games but tried it liked it so bought a logitech g29 then upgraded to a thrustmaster t300 rs gt

Soldato
I'll just keep using the earphones that the headset came with, same sound quality and the PSVR2 earphones don't really block external noise anyway

Last edited:
Soldato

Big news in this innocuous blog post:

"Also, we’re pleased to share that we are currently testing the ability for PS VR2 players to access additional games on PC to offer even more game variety in addition to the PS VR2 titles available through PS5. We hope to make this support available in 2024, so stay tuned for more updates."

So PSVR2 on PC?!

Soldato

Big news in this innocuous blog post:

"Also, we’re pleased to share that we are currently testing the ability for PS VR2 players to access additional games on PC to offer even more game variety in addition to the PS VR2 titles available through PS5. We hope to make this support available in 2024, so stay tuned for more updates."

So PSVR2 on PC?!
That would be really cool.

Soldato
Possibly it could be the Steam Link VR app on PS5 though, which would make the cost about £1000 to get both console and headset for playing PC games.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It should've been PCVR compatible from day one, then they may have sold more headsets. This is just an afterthought based on the hype around the AVP

Soldato
It should've been PCVR compatible from day one, then they may have sold more headsets. This is just an afterthought based on the hype around the AVP
I don't think it was that easy though. Sony are always going to want to sell headsets and PS5 consoles, I'm surprised they are even considering this!

Last edited:
Associate
I don't think it was that easy though. Sony are always going to want to sell headsets and PS5 consoles, I'm surprised they are even considering this!
Yeah. I could understand them having something which allows Quest headsets to run PS5 VR games as they sell consoles, games at profit. But the headset is being sold at a loss isn't it, so selling more things at a loss to play other companies titles seems a bit backwards.
Unless it's some sort of VR streaming service they plan from the PS5 console?

Soldato
I’m not actually sure if PCVR compatibility would be a selling point as the PSVR2 headset is actually more expensive than the meta quest 3 whilst offering less functionality(no wireless connectivity/etc) and poorer lenses.

So I suspect most folks after a pc headset would opt for the quest instead of PSVR.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m not actually sure if pcvr would be a selling point as the PSVR2 headset is actually more expensive than the meta quest 3 whilst offering less functionality(no wireless connectivity/etc) and poorer lenses.

So I suspect most folks after a pc headset would opt for the quest instead of PSVR.

A wires OLED HDR headset with eye tracing and advanced haptics is appealing to some VR gamers, especially simmers who don't mind the wire and want an uncompressed image, even if it has Fresnel lenses with OLED mura.

Soldato
A wires OLED HDR headset with eye tracing and advanced haptics is appealing to some VR gamers, especially simmers who don't mind the wire and want an uncompressed image, even if it has Fresnel lenses with OLED mura.
I guess there are instances where the PSVR2 headset could be better.

Owning both I think I’d always opt for the clarity and sharpness offered by the Quest 3 pancake lenses though if I had to choose.

I wonder if they’ll be able to utilise the eye tracking on pcvr?

Associate
I’m not actually sure if PCVR compatibility would be a selling point as the PSVR2 headset is actually more expensive than the meta quest 3 whilst offering less functionality(no wireless connectivity/etc) and poorer lenses.

A 120hz 2000x2000 resolution HDR OLED headset with eye tracking?
If it works well it'll be my go to PCVR headset. The only reason it looks a little blurry now is down the PS5 hardware. Throw that headset on a good PC and it'll be amazing.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not sure this will be targeted at players who want to game on pc, so its value against the quest 3 doesn't matter. Sony may just have the pcvr games streaming from the PC to the PS5

Last edited:
Associate
This is great news.!
I just got PSVR2 few days ago and I have to say playing RE Village was one of the best VR gaming experiences I have ever had if not the best gaming experiences period.!
The pure blacks in horror games are a must and headsets like Quest 3 just can’t get the atmosphere right with raised blacks.
Active triggers and vibrating headset just add to the experience and the brightness and contrast are just lovely.
This really feels like HDR.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom