PSVR 2, anyone interested?

Soldato
It's a great game but be aware it runs poorly on PC in VR, even on monster hardware.

Flawless 90 frames on my Pimax Crystal, ground play and low orbital flight completely stutter free, zero dropped frames. I was shocked too, i made reference to my surprise with my initial thoughts on the Crystal. 14900k/4090/64gb 6400mhz/ Gen 5 Firecuda drives/dual loop. Expensive, but so worth every penny as a VR enthusiast wanting the best PCVR experience.

Soldato
Just got PSVR2 for Christmas. Had a couple games already that support it including GT7, wheel and stand (it's the stand out for me at the moment)

How do people deal with motion sickness? It's no where near as bad as I used to get on the original PSVR but I do find it starting to kick in after awhile, especially on fps games.

What are the titles I should be trying?

I have

Resi village
GT7
Horizon
Pavlov
Beat Saber (this is more fun than it has any right too be)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just got PSVR2 for Christmas. Had a couple games already that support it including GT7, wheel and stand (it's the stand out for me at the moment)

How do people deal with motion sickness? It's no where near as bad as I used to get on the original PSVR but I do find it starting to kick in after awhile, especially on fps games.

What are the titles I should be trying?

I have

Resi village
GT7
Horizon
Pavlov
Beat Saber (this is more fun than it has any right too be)

Thanks.

You should be trying gentler titles initially until you can do them comfortable without the slightest queasiness. Then work up to more vom inducing tiles, but at the first sign of nausea you must stop and rest. Over time you'll build up your VR legs until you can do the racing sims as long as you want.

Soldato
You should be trying gentler titles initially until you can do them comfortable without the slightest queasiness. Then work up to more vom inducing tiles, but at the first sign of nausea you must stop and rest. Over time you'll build up your VR legs until you can do the racing sims as long as you want.

Thanks, I find if I'm not moving much like Beat Saber I'm fine and seem to be able to carry on until I get tired or bored but yeah one lap of the ring in GT7 and I was out.

Seems I'm doing the right thing coming out when I feel it. Any titles you would suggest? I used to be able to play Rush of Blood for as long as I wanted on the old VR but not hearing great things about the new one.

Soldato
OP
You are doing exactly the right thing. You could retry GT7 but just drive round the track like it's a sunday.... with your gran in the back seat. Drive round in a manner that you don't get sick, enjoy the views and the new car smells. After a while, maybe days later, you'll be able to go a bit quicker, and then you can ditch your gran.

Underboss
Soldato
i wouldn't be doing anything like GT7 just yet, not even a slow drive

you want simple titles for a while at first, then move onto moderate sickness enduring titles, before going onto Extreme, like roller coasters, racing games, 1st person shooters etc

did a search, and found this on reddit, that seems quite right

Thanks will take a look.

It's a massive step up from the original PSVR, quite impressive.

Man of Honour
anyone playing Gran Turismo 7 with the PSVR2? im tempted as playing it on a single monitor after playing other titles in my Varjo Aero or triples kind of puts me off playing it, is it any good?

Back
Top Bottom