Quest 3 owners etc

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Finally got around to some time on the Quest 3 again.

Les Mills is actually really good, Seriously considering getting a weight vest.

Soldato
Finally got around to some time on the Quest 3 again.

Les Mills is actually really good, Seriously considering getting a weight vest.
Oh, I hadn't thought of something like that. And wrist weights maybe too?

Mind you, in a 15 min workout, I build up quite a sweat already tbh.

I would strongly recommend that you don't get wrist weights or ankle weights.

Ankle and wrist weights in VR are a big no no. Wearable weights should only be used in very controlled movements with very good form.

A weights vest might be ok. But if you have back or neck problems, it could make those problems worse.

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Never been a fan of wrist or ankle weights for anything. Usually do more harm than good, its ok if your doing a controlled movements but the VR randomness I would say a big no no. If you do go down that road I would keep them very very light and get the type that cover the hand as well as the wrist. I would imagine the web is plastered with the opposite advice though.

Soldato
If anyone's got an early elite battery strap meta have issued a voluntary recall on them.

Soldato
I must admit I'm disappointed so far with the lack of apps upgraded to properly support the Q3 graphics and capabilities.

Ok most get a bit of a resolution upgrade by default but even with apps that claim to be properly upgraded there doesn't seem to be much of a difference, and performance still feels janky in some.

Apart from Red Matter 2, probably the best example of a decently upgraded native app is In Death Unchained. That really is a significant improvement in both resolution and visual fidelity over the Q2/Pro version. It's almost PC quality. More like this please!

Last edited:
Soldato
How do people who play sweaty games manage their face surround?

On the Rift S I tried silicone covers. But I blame them for the connector to the head strap breaking - left all the weight on that strap because the silicone didn't grip your face. And they were never as comfortable.

What I really think the makers should do is make the face surrounds easy to remove, washable, and sell extras so you can switch them out while you wash one.

Putting a headset back on that's damp from sweat is minging - and that's when it's your own!

Soldato

On the Rift S I tried silicone covers. But I blame them for the connector to the head strap breaking - left all the weight on that strap because the silicone didn't grip your face. And they were never as comfortable.

What I really think the makers should do is make the face surrounds easy to remove, washable, and sell extras so you can switch them out while you wash one.

Putting a headset back on that's damp from sweat is minging - and that's when it's your own!

Use a halo strap and don't use a facial interface. Otherwise replace with a PU facial interface.

Also wear a thin beanie or tube scarf over your head to keep sweat off the headset and strap.

I also used to have washable cotton covers for other headset facial interfaces which really helped absorb sweat and also were easy to clean.

Soldato
Apart from Red Matter 2, probably the best example of a decently upgraded native app is In Death Unchained. That really is a significant improvement in both resolution and visual fidelity over the Q2/Pro version. It's almost PC quality. More like this please!

Yeah, In death looks great on Quest 3. Walking dead saints and sinners part one also looks pretty slick now as well with its quest 3 version.

Properly upgraded apps are few and far between though :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Would be nice if there was an option just to force off fixed foveated rendering as that is so noticeable and annoying when you have pancake lenses with edge to edge clarity.

Soldato
I must admit I'm disappointed so far with the lack of apps upgraded to properly support the Q3 graphics and capabilities.

Ok most get a bit of a resolution upgrade by default but even with apps that claim to be properly upgraded there doesn't seem to be much of a difference, and performance still feels janky in some.

Yeah, In death looks great on Quest 3. Walking dead saints and sinners part one also looks pretty slick now as well with its quest 3 version.

Properly upgraded apps are few and far between though :(

Updating the older apps/games doesn't really bother me.

I would rather developers put their time and effort into releasing new high quality VR games.

Soldato

VR Ninja sweat thingies

Soldato
Soldato
They're an interesting idea - and I can see how they protect the headset. But I can only imagine I would drown in sweat if I exercised with, basically, half a balaclava over my head. :D

True, but I suppose at that price you could buy a few and swap them as you exercise before your lungs fill up.
50743288142_4132b2c759_o_d.gif

Associate
Would be nice if there was an option just to force off fixed foveated rendering as that is so noticeable and annoying when you have pancake lenses with edge to edge clarity.
You can with Quest Games Optimizer. Just create a custom game profile using the app and then turn FFR off - the trade off is that it'll make your Quest 3 work harder :)

Back
Top Bottom