Quest 3 owners etc

Soldato
Having good fun here with Bulletstorm VR on the Quest 2, doing it on the easy mode as I am not a great gamer, fun game if you like the Zombie shoot them up kind of thing.

The Quest 2 owners thread is the next door along.
50743288142_4132b2c759_o_d.gif

Soldato
I'm using a ZyberVR case for my Quest 3, but I feel that it's too big - it's better designed for headsets with a solid strap.
The only cool thing is that the case allows you to charge the Q3 whilst inside (although I leave it part unzipped if charging because of worries about heat)

Anyone found/using a compact case that's designed for the Quest 3 with the default strap?

Associate
Meta Quest+ subscription now adds game library on top of monthly games.
If subscribed for 12 months at £59.99 you get £20 store credit.

Associate
I should be getting a Quest 3 next week and it will replace my Quest 2.

I’ll mainly use it for sim racing so will use it tethered over USB while sat in a chair.

I’m guessing it’s just plug and play replacement for the Quest 2? I never really did anything for that to set it up other than download the Oculus software, but is there any software / advice for getting the most from the Quest 3? Any accessories worth getting?

Soldato
OP
I should be getting a Quest 3 next week and it will replace my Quest 2.

I’ll mainly use it for sim racing so will use it tethered over USB while sat in a chair.

I’m guessing it’s just plug and play replacement for the Quest 2? I never really did anything for that to set it up other than download the Oculus software, but is there any software / advice for getting the most from the Quest 3? Any accessories worth getting?
You can use a referral for it, so make sure you do. There's a few steps to it, but you can get £23 store credit, as can whoever refers you.

Otherwise it's more of less plug and play replacement.

Some sort of headstrap replacement/insert will be useful, and I'm waiting on the vrcover facial interface.

Associate
You can use a referral for it, so make sure you do. There's a few steps to it, but you can get £23 store credit, as can whoever refers you.

Otherwise it's more of less plug and play replacement.

Some sort of headstrap replacement/insert will be useful, and I'm waiting on the vrcover facial interface.
Don't think you can get a referral for an existing meta account, needs to be a new one

Associate
You just need a new device and to do it right. I've guided people here on how to do it before and it worked.
"Note: The friend you refer must be a new Meta Quest user and must create a new account in order to receive the credit."

As he already has a quest 2 he won't be a new user and will have an existing account?

Soldato
OP
"Note: The friend you refer must be a new Meta Quest user and must create a new account in order to receive the credit."

As he already has a quest 2 he won't be a new user and will have an existing account?

Look, I can only tell you that it's worked for @teaston and @Infidelus at least that I can confirm (since I got the free credit for referring them both as well).

It's worked before, and I see no reason why it wouldn't continue to do so, whatever the terms state. It has worked.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks guys. I had forgot about the referral thing. I got the unit through work, so we have a pool of referrals that I'll need to use. I've removed the Quest 2 from my Oculus account, so we'll see how it goes.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys. I had forgot about the referral thing. I got the unit through work, so we have a pool of referrals that I'll need to use. I've removed the Quest 2 from my Oculus account, so we'll see how it goes.

Sometimes the headsets can still show in the web browser version of your meta account, so make sure it's removed from both.

Associate
Spotted these prescription lenses on Aliexpress via a Reddit thread https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005...ain.11.678118024mrvEf&gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt they're mega cheap and the OP says they're ok. At prices like that surely worth a punt? If I'd not paid about 7 times the price for my Zenni lenses I'd chance it.
I would like to buy these but I couldnt find where you put your prescription in. I could only see buy and didnt want to do that until I had input my prescription

Associate
I would like to buy these but I couldnt find where you put your prescription in. I could only see buy and didnt want to do that until I had input my prescription
I don't know either sorry, i've not ordered them, but some people on reddit have so there must be a way. unless you have to contact the seller directly? not sure tbh.

Back
Top Bottom